Send items TO pocket dimension at any time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bohandas, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

We should be able to send items TO the pocket dimension at any time.

Unlike retrieving items at any time, sending items off at any time would NOT make the game excessively easier; if anything it would make the game marginally harder, as with the current setup there is a de facto full restoration of health and mana after clearing any large room as people are forced to walk around for hundreds of turns as they make multiple trips to the pocket dimension in order to slowly move all of the loot there. On a related note, the current setup makes large rooms and finding caches of treasure distressingly tedious rather than being fun like they should be due to the aforementioned need to wander around and run down the pocket dimension counter multiple times in order to pick everything up.

So it would be nice if there was some way to just send things directly to the pocket dimension without having to personally warp there

(presumably the items would just spawn there in the same square that the player arrives on when they warp there personally to retrieve things, BTW)

EDIT: Alternately you could just let people warp there whenever they want to but lock them out from picking anything up if the timer isn't at zero.

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

This is a slightly more generic version of my previous suggestion (which still stands as my preferred means of implementation of this suggestion, BTW) and with a more thoroughly explained argument as to why this is needed.

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I just remembered another reason why we need this, it would eliminate the current need to empty out your inventory every time you enter a wizardland or mysterious portal.