Linux 32-bit Segmentation fault at start-up

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by borsook, Sep 21, 2012.

1. borsook

borsook Member

When I try to run Dredmor I get "segmentation fault" and the game exits. I don't even get the configuration screen... I tried reinstalling, removing configuration folder even reverting to an older kernel - nothing helps. It was working fine before, so I can only assume it's some problem with some Ubuntu update in the last couple of weeks...

Come to think of it, besides all the Ubuntu updates I also installed all the HiB games... Does anyone else have this problem?

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'll...ask a dev and see if there's anything they can do or ask.

3. borsook

borsook Member

That would be great, I realize it may not be DoD fault, but the error message is so cryptic I have no idea what to do...

4. Daynab

Can you post the error message?

5. borsook

borsook Member

I posted it... again it's just:
    Code:
    Segmentation fault

6. borsook

borsook Member

Ok, I've managed to solve it, in a strange way... Upon searching for all the Dredmor related stuff I found a symbolic link "Dredmor" in .local/share directory, upon deleting it the game started. :)

7. Daynab

Oh! well, glad to hear it. We didn't really have anything to go on to find the issue.

8. borsook

borsook Member

I have no idea how this happened, I didn't create the symlink and still I don't see how this could prevent Dredmor from running, even when run from the install directory via the terminal... That said, I really happy I can play again :)