Seeing your encrust: science, or drinking game?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Borodin, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Borodin

Borodin Member

My first character since the latest expansion now has their first encrust. Huzzah! However--there appears to be no way to see what that encrusted sword does in the way of boosts to my character, except by wielding it, and looking at the character screen/doll. I'd kind of hoped that info would show up when my mouse hovered over the weapon, but all I see in that box are additions to damage.

Am I missing something here, and if so, what?

2. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Is it like that? I was hoping the effects/encrusts would get appended to the tooltip, just like with artifacts.

3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It is not like that. The text includes the encrust, the stats include all modifications. The only logical conclusion is that you are on something.

4. Chainlinc3

Chainlinc3 Member

If the the text doesn't detail a special effect, it probably means your weapon doesn't have one... I had a polearm last night that definitely told me it turned my enemies into money.

5. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Yeah, it's the usual, if your Metal Orby Staff rapes your enemies in the nostrils thanks to the Powers that Krong Giveth, it's stated on the description.

6. Frelus

Frelus Member

I really like he hiveweapon.
    Injects thaumites.
    Me likes.

7. ... I really hope this is not actually specifically an option. Just saying.

8. Frelus

Frelus Member

Oh, but I want that option!
    Btw, would that not.be a Bolt of Squid effect?

9. Borodin

Borodin Member

Was like that. I wrote down all the changes caused by the encrust on the sword, then took it to Krong. He upgraded two effects, but the encrust vanished.

Next time, I'll set the item aside, so I can post the details, here. And I'll use something else at one of Krong's anvils.

Well, but of course. Joie de vivre. But leaving that aside, I suspect that encrusting is still a bit rusty in the game code. We'll see. :)

10. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Member

Encrusts are added to the the weapons description, it even adds "Encrusted" as a prefix to the weapon.

But alas the encrust system hates me, my second encrust made me explode and die, just like that.

11. Borodin

Borodin Member

It does add "encrusted," but I'm not seeing any of the encrusted addon values of the weapons listed, though they do display under alchemy, smithing, etc. In other words, I'll see a 10 next to a new symbol under alchemy. I have the ingredients to crust that, but when I look at the weapon afterwards, the symbols it displays are the same ones it had before--only with a short description of being "encrusted with nails," etc.

12. Highwang

Highwang Member

I'd like the instability factor to be listed on the weapon as well. I have a Hexaxe that has Bleed & Nightmare effect, but apparently my encrust instability added a passive effect: Tearing open a hole to an eldritch dimension, hitting everything for Dark/Toxic/Asphyxiation/Putrid damage and at random times putting ME in a deep sleep (tl;dr, the Squid Bolt effect)

Hopefully devs get a hold of this, or someone solves the mystery of the instability chart.

13. Warlock

Warlock Member

Encrusting instability is borked, and enchantment compatibility with Krong anvils is broken too. A hotfix for said problems will be out in the soonest possible time.

14. Highwang

Highwang Member

I figured as much. Damn shame though, despite how risky this thing is I'm quite enjoying my Eldritch Hexaxe

15. Borodin

Borodin Member

I'd expect a patch soon to fix something as important as this. But we'll just have to see.

16. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

17. Borodin

Borodin Member

18. Merneith

Merneith Member

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

All I know is not before Thursday as Nicholas is traveling in LA right now. He's working on more stable hotfixes meanwhile.

20. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Are encrusts moddable?