scrolling camera

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kazuhiro, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

I play Dredmor on a netbook, and I'm sure I'm far from the only one. However, the tiny resolution changes the game quite a bit. Primarily, sight radius is a meaningless stat because I can't see very far anyway. There's also the fact that I can only see 3 panels above and below me, and the last one is covered by the skill bar.

If it would be possible to let me "look" ahead, it would help a lot of problems.

Null, Turbo164, adelmagne and 2 others like this.
  2. Yes, this, please.

3. adelmagne

adelmagne Member

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

This would be a very good thing

5. Also this has a tendency to make opening doors up or (god help you) down much more dangerous then left and right.

See eg monster zoos: you can safely tenebrous rift the whole place if you find one from the left or right, but you can't click far enough away to not get caught in the splash if you click up or down.

6. Zalminen

Zalminen Member

Indeed. I'm playing DoD on a 1024x600 screen and the small sight radius up & down is the main reason why I always play melee characters. I'd just get myself killed if I tried using AoE spells. Well, more often than usual...

7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Even on a rather large screen your sight may run past the top and bottom of the screen if you have fully leveled Perception.

8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Or even without it fully leveled in fact. Just two points of sight radius is enough to bring my visible area all the way to the top and bottom of the screen (though still nowhere near the sides).

9. Brojek

Brojek Member

Very annoying indeed and completely ruins the game for me.

10. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

I gotta throw my support in for this as well. Not sure if it's possible for them to do, but it truly is an annoying issue.