Windows Vista/7 64-bit Scrambled crafting recipes

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Psy-Kosh, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Psy-Kosh

Psy-Kosh Member

I'm not familiar enough with Dredmor's innard's to know if this would be more an issue linked to the specific save game or not, but either the update or some other bug, I'm not sure what, somehow "scrambled" the recipes For example, the vodka recipe is showing up in the ingot press window rather than the porta-still crafting window. (it still shows the correct icon for which skill is needed.)

A bit of experimentation shows that if I start a new char, looks like the recipes are in the right place. So somehow my save game got corrupted in such a way as to scramble which recipe shows up in which crafting tab.

So, first, letting you know about the existence of this bug. Second, is there a way to somehow repair the save? (I'm not sure if anything else got corrupted too or if it was just the recipes. Those are the only things I've noticed so far.)

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

edit: wrong info was here.

3. Psy-Kosh

Psy-Kosh Member

*blinks* I'm not familiar with the internals/save formats/etc used. This made me curious: why would removing a recipe require scrambling the others to prevent a crash? Or did I misunderstand? (I may have missed it in the changelog, What recipe was removed anyways?)

Anyways, thank you. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The recipe was Crude Knife.

From my understanding, because the recipe was removed, anybody with a previous savegame having discovered the recipe (I assume it was a bookshelf one? or maybe loading a floor with a bookshelf containing it) would crash upon loading the save.

Also, upon thinking back on it, I think I may have been thinking of the wrong thing, and your bug might be completely unrelated, apologies.

I'll ask Nicholas if anything can be done with it.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Psy-Kosh

Psy-Kosh Member

Okie and no worries and thanks. :) (If it is what you said it was, so this was a one off scrambling unlikely to repeat, no big deal since the particular save was one I was running on easy and no permadeath just so I could play with some of the skills and see how they play out/practice, etc. This one wasn't a serious challenging of the dungeons. Either way, figured I ought mention the bug.)

Kazeto likes this.
  6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

This is what happens when craftdb.xml changes mid-game. It's a known issue.

7. Psy-Kosh

Psy-Kosh Member

Ah, okie, and thanks.

8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Why was it removed?

9. rydash

rydash Member

It was duplicated. Same recipe, same requirements, just in the list twice. As such, the duplicate was removed.