Scaling amount of zorkmid loot in rooms?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bluehinter, Jul 13, 2014.

1. bluehinter

bluehinter Member

Can anybody tell me if there's a way to scale the amount of zorkmid loot that spawns in a room? I've seen zorkmidScaleF mentioned, but only in the context of spell requirements. I'm specifically looking to increase the amount of money that appears in a pile on the floor (the amount is usually dependent on what dungeon level you're on).

I've created a new Dredmorian Bank room for my Monstrous Megapack mod, which contains a vault with a working combination lock. The vault mechanics work fine, but I'd like to be able to increase the size of the zorkmid piles contained inside. Yes, I know I can create multiple piles on top of eachother, but it would be nice if visually it appeared as a larger stack of zorkmids rather than just a couple of coins.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm currently having the treasure spawn as a result of a script to prevent potential teleport-looting:

<action on="success" action_type="create" create_type="loot" type="zorkmids" x="3" y="2" />

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Instead of dropping the loot directly have the script cast a l0ot-generating spell that scales to the floor. Look at High-Interest Loan if you need an example of a flo0r-scaling loot dropping spell to look at.

bluehinter likes this.
  3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Or if you meant you wanted to stop it scaling and producea fixed amount, you could just set "amount=[#]" in the previously given loot creation script. I think.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  4. bluehinter

bluehinter Member

Thanks! That worked a treat! And it even saved me a few lines of code, since I only have to trigger one template spell now instead of creating 15 separate piles of loot.