Windows Vista/7 64-bit Saves not showing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by DanTycoon, Jul 15, 2012.

1. DanTycoon

DanTycoon Member

I'm fairly new to the game, so sorry if I don't know the right terminology for some things.

I was playing the game, and while I was on the second floor my inventory had run out of room. I hadn't yet found a shop on the second floor, so I went to the nearest staircase up and went to one of the shops that were on the first floor. On my way back, I stepped onto a teleporter to get back to the staircase I came up from and the game crashed. No big deal, I re-load the game and my save up. I was still in the store from an autosave. So I take the teleporter, go back downstairs and 5 steps later the game crashes again. Weird. I re-open Dredmor and now I no longer have any saves listed.

I only had 3 saves before: the autosave, the game I was playing, and an older game from a few months ago. All of them on permadeath. So I thought "Maybe it's just not reading the folder for some reason?" But I started a new game and it shows that save just fine. But it won't read the other 3 that I can confirm are in the save folder.

So, I don't know what happened. Would there be any way of getting my saves back? Or am I stuck starting another game?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, base game only. No DLC.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Since you know your saves are in the folder, go to that folder, open the file loadsave.dat with notepad or whatever.

Delete whatever's written in it and write this:
    Code:
    yourcharactername.sav

Where yourcharactername is... your character name ;)

That should make it being seen in game again.

3. DanTycoon

DanTycoon Member

Okay, after much struggle with Steam Cloud deleting my backed up saves whenever I copied them over, and copying over the manually written loadsave.dat, I finally got the game to realize that the autosave was there. Even -nukesteamcloud did absolutely nothing. I lost my other game, but since I hadn't played it in months, I'm okay with that.

Thanks for the help.