Windows Vista/7 64-bit save file refuses to load

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Ablogqwer, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Ablogqwer

Ablogqwer Member

Saved a game I was playing today, wandered off for a bit, came back.

Every attempt to load it results in kicking me back to the main menu.

No explanation or crash.

Update: Due to similarities of other threads, No, I am not running any mods. This is the second time I have saved this game (today). The first time I came back and loaded it worked fine. Now it simply does not.

Further, I have completely uninstalled/reinstalled the game and removed the config file. No results.

Update2: Finally, have created a new game. Saved and quit immediately after entering the dungeon. Exiting the game and re-loading it resulted in the message "The dungeons has rearranged itself." Again, no explanation, and extremely strange considering I took absolutely no actions other than save and quit after creating the new game.

Looking at the save file reveals that the new test save has 4 floors now (what?) and the old one only has 2 despite the fact I'm clearly standing on dungeon level 3.

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Why on Earth would it generate a level in advance? Good job spotting that oddness. Hopefully this will help in narrowing the problem down and helping the many who have similar problems.

I tend to play a game all in one massive sequence without even exiting the game, so I never notice such things. But what is the point in playing if you cannot dedicate the time to do that and the saves do not work?

Well, thanks for the report. The details will surely help. :)

3. Ablogqwer

Ablogqwer Member

I suspect it has something to do with autosaves/the cloud blenderizing things, because this isn't the only game I've made with the same name in the past; although the test save had a different name.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yeah. Steam ruins everything. Disable that cloud junk and run the game "OUTSIDE" of Steam and it should work fine.

I swear, everytime I hear someone mention Steam it is a problem that never makes any sense...