Linux 32-bit save file between OS's won't load

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by leshpar, Jan 1, 2013.

1. leshpar

leshpar Member

A save file I create on my linux machine when downloaded on my windows 7 machine from the steam cloud won't load. It just crashes my game. Now I will admit that I think my windows 7 machine's copy of dredmor is not the latest version. How do I force an update to my dredmor on windows without uninstalling it and losing all the save data I have specific to that machine? I have all available DLC for the game and no mods installed.

I guess instead of linux 32 bit I should have put windows 7. My mistake.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. GDWT

GDWT Member

Shouldn't Steam automatically update DoD? I think Steam is supposed to do that. but..anyway..try deleting the config.xml file (don't worry the game creates a new one every time you launch it) in the "Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor" directory,the conflicting configs from the different OSes might be causing the crash

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Steam calls it "Verify the game cache" or something similar to that. You can likely find it easily, if not I will make screenshots to direct you, but I am on Windows, so it may not be the exact same on Linux.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Linux => Windows save files got broken somewhere along the way, we're looking into it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Kreny

Kreny Member

yes got this also, can't load "Linux Steam" savegame on "wine steam", game freezes

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. ClearIcicle

ClearIcicle Member

I have the same issue.