Runes..

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Yushatak, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Yushatak

Yushatak Member

I just noticed that runes are gems, and that transmute can create runes or turn them into gems. Every rune room I've ever found had a pillar, growth/decay, and scrutiny.

Anyway, while transmuting around I found a "Rune of False Hope", and some others. I haven't found a combination in the room that works with any of these other runes - is it possible, or am I wasting my time..?

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

There are none.

3. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Yeah; these runes seem to be dummied out or something like that.

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, Duh. It's called a "Rune of False Hope". What else did you expect? :p

brobbeh, BadBeat and Godwin like this.
  5. Velorien

Velorien Member

Could people contribute a list of the combinations they've discovered that *do* do things, so we can ultimately put it up on the Wiki?

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

rooms.xml

7. Xen0nex

Xen0nex Member

Newb question: What are runes and what do they do? I found a few, tried right clicking it, tried placing as a trap... sold it in the end. Do you need Tinkering skill to make it into a trap? What is it for?

8. TheRani

TheRani Member

Typically they are found in a room with 3 slots in the floor, and a lever. You insert the runes in the slots in the floor, and pull the lever. Depending on which runes you put in which order, it may produce a vending machine of some kind. Once you get your vending machine, the runes disappear.

9. Xen0nex

Xen0nex Member

Ahhhh okay now I remember seeing rooms with slots and ignoring them. Thanks!

10. Gerk

Gerk Member

All I remember is that Growth/Pillars/Scrutiny heralds a Crafty Crafts machine.

11. TheRani

TheRani Member

If you put the round one in the middle and pillars at the bottom, it gives you thrown items I think.

12. BadBeat

BadBeat Member

I, ummm, can't remember the names, but if you put the left hand rune up top, the middle rune at the bottom and the right hand rune in the centre, you get a Bolt Seller. Pretty handy for looking for squid bolts.

13. Velorien

Velorien Member