RSS Feed Per Topic

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Aquaman, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Countless times have I wished that a forum topic could be followed by an RSS feed. Is this already possible? If so, can you tell me how? Otherwise I would greatly like to see this implemented, if possible to do so.

As it is the only way to know if a topic you are following gets updated is by email and/or alerts both of which, at least for me, would take e out of my way to check. While only a minor inconveniance, if I am browsing other sites I feel it would be nice to simply see an RSS get updated saysin hey, some1 just replied in this thread your following.

2. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

3. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Thanks, and I've been using the global RSS for a while however I want to make sure It's set up correctly. Mine only updates when a new thread is created,not if a thread gets posted in, is this how it is supposed to work?

4. deek

It looks like it's updating fine but only the comment count gets updated when new posts are added.

Code:
    <item>
    <title>RSS Feed Per Topic</title>
    <pubDate>Wed, 11 Apr 2012 03:04:11 +0000</pubDate>
    <link>
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/rss-feed-per-topic.2983/
    </link>
    <guid>
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/rss-feed-per-topic.2983/
    </guid>
    <author>Aquaman</author>
    <dc:creator>Aquaman</dc:creator>
    <slash:comments>2</slash:comments>
    </item>

5. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Thank you. That will work perfectly, I may have to change a few things with how my RSS feeds get updated/displayed. I found that once I have been to the thread my feed doesn't notify me if it updates however I think I may have changed that.

This post is also secretly a test to see if what I changed worked. ;)

6. deek

Indeed.

7. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Ok, admittedly I have no idea how you found/find the post count in the RSS
    I don't see that information anywhere :p
    Along with the author :oops:

Mine seems to only show the thread names/titles

8. deek

I just viewed the raw XML in chrome. I don't actually use RSS so real readers my not show <slash:comments></slash:comments>