RPG?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by LonePaladin, Sep 12, 2011.

1. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

So, who wants a rocket-prop

No, not that kind. Try again.

Okay, I've noticed that a lot of people posting on the introduction thread have mentioned a background in pen-n-paper RPGs, like D&D or the HERO System. I've been going all summer without a proper game, and the withdrawal symptoms are getting to me. I mean, yeah, I've been busy translating Unepic, and preparing myself mentally for the arrival of a baby, but no self-respecting geek would let that sort of thing get in the way, right?

So, would anyone else be interested in running or playing a game via the new forums? Maybe even tweak one of the fantasy systems into something Dredmor-ish?

2. Godwin

Godwin Member

that would be totally awesome and I would be in!

3. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Well, that's one. Anyone else?

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'd be up, however like I told you haven't done this before.

5. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

I'll play. 3's enough to start. Who wants to run? And what do we want to run?

6. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

I can run D&D 3.5.

7. I would also be interested in playing a DoD themed RPG campaign. Especially if we'd be using D&D 3.5.

8. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Ok, anyone who wants to play, send me a built char to review. Build specs: D&D 3.5, char level 5, no races that require level adjustment. anything else goes, as long as you can provide source material. I do encourage you to try to fit or mod a class or classes to fit the skills in DoD. We will try for a DoD theme, but we might expand it to include some other, unknown aspects of the universe. Best place to reach me with your char or private communication is at my e-mail; brandon.wingler@gmail.com.

9. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Also, we will move to another thread when we start to play. I will notify everyone involved. Also, try to get some other players into the game. 3 is fine, 6 is better.

10. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm in. I wrote a few hundred base classes for 3.X a few years ago, including up-powered versions of most of the warrior classes (to help them keep up with casters in the later levels). If you'd be interested in using them, I think they'd be a fun way to get some DoD-like flavor into a D&D setting. Let me know if you're interested. :) If not, I'll probably play a straight-up Barbarian named Berz the Irked.

11. I'd be glad to play a trap finding, dual wielding rogue. His name will be Hort Izanhower. I'm going to fill out a character sheet right now.

12. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I used the Javascript 3.5 CharGen to put together Berz the Irked, currently unformatted and ugly. Worked like a dream. Rolled up pretty decent stats, too. 5th character level was good; let me turn my 17 Str into an 18. :)

13. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

I have to get magic items (I'm assuming we get to start with some, right?), but the group will be including Swig, the dwarven alchemist. (Actually a wizard, but plenty of craft feats.)

14. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Berz looks good. Get me a formatted one when you can, if you could. I like the few classes I have seen so far in that list, Essence. If you will tell me what of that you would rather play, I will check and see if they will work. As for equipment, I do this slightly differently. You all have 20,000 gold to spend on equipment, with no real restrictions on what you buy. Three things; One, run all equipment by me, I might say no to it if it might break the game.(Not likely, but whatever.) Two, One piece must be handed down/inherited, and I need to know what and from whom. Three, custom items are allowed, but I need to see them first.

15. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Also, custom items and anything you don't want everyone to see needs to be sent private. Otherwise, don't gripe if something comes out in play that is sent public. Also, I am fine with private communication between players, but within reason. LonePaladin and Essence are people, and can talk privately. But if Swig wants Berz to kick a door down, Swig needs to ask.

16. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

I'm going to wait on posting any more details -- or collaborating with the others -- until we've got the game thread (and, hopefully, an OOC section) ready to go.

Edit. I'm going to have Swig made up in HeroForge, so that there'll be nicely detailed files to share, and it'll help with recordkeeping.

17. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

18. Orion

Orion Member

This is a really cool idea, I wonder if there's enough interest to get a second game running as well.

19. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

There might be, but I don't really have time to run two. I would play in a second one though. If you find someone two run, I'm in.

20. Orion

Orion Member

I might consider running one myself, perhaps using Savage Worlds.