Roguish Renovation

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by lccorp2, Feb 22, 2012.

1. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

v0.55 out. Fixes some bugs and adds some stuff.

DragonDai and OmniNegro like this.
  2. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

...so you made both the Arcanist AND Roguish Renovation mods? Egads, you're amazing! :O

Umm, is it by the way possible to make the three added skills go to heck when you've subscribed to the mod via Steam? I, for one, don't like them at all and feel like they add a grant amount of nothing to the mod as a whole. :/

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

v0.57 pushed out on the forums, not waiting for the mod publisher to right itself any more.

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Awesome! Mana Hunters and Disrupters are no longer the bane of anyone who casts!

5. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

For anyone who might be remotely interested: working on a portal puzzle room at the moment. Intended to be fairly rare.

2012-08-31_00001.jpg

A quick runthrough of the setup:

2012-08-31_00002.jpg

And a harsh punishment to anyone who takes the prize without playing. Maybe TOO harsh.

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Appropriate if you warn people about it.

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Anyone else crashing when you have both this mod and Interior Dredmorating running? My Dredmorating version is 1.2.6.4, and using the zip for this mod from the first page, downloaded today (.57). It also could be conflicting with an older version of Crafters Helper I am running, or More Dredmore, but it seems to work fine with everything as long as I disable Interior Dredmorating. Will explore it a bit more.

Update: It seems to work fine with Interior Dredmorating. Must be one of my other mods (have custom stuff installed also). Will let you know what I find.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Nope. No problems at all. More details please.

What OS? 1.1.2 of the game? Steam, Desura, Gamefly, or HIB? What expansions do you have?

I am using Windows Seven x64. The Steam 1.1.2 version of the game with all expansions, and the following mods.
    Mods.jpg

*Edit* Note that the OP mentions RR requires all three expansions to work. So I am guessing you have them.

9. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

I am using the Steam version with all 3 expansions. I just went and verified my cache on steam, and all files are up to date. Win 7 64 and the steam version is 1.1.2, yet it sometimes crashes when starting a new game, with all other mods disable except this. Something is wrong with the file or I messed it up somehow. I will try both the steam version and the zip here and see if they both are causing issues.

Edit: Steam version seems to work fine. Will test the zip.
    Update: Zip is working fine also. It must have got corrupted or I edited something by accident. I guess...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If you launch the game via Steam, that in and of itself is the problem most likely. If you have not already, make a shortcut to the Dungeons of Dredmor.exe file in your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeons of dredmor\" and use that shortcut to launch the game. If you already did that, then it was just a fluke. Bugs sometimes happen for no reason at all.

*Edit* To clarify, Steam causes many problems. Half the time when a problem occurs with a game in Steam, running it outside of Steam is the solution. It makes little or even no sense. But it is true.

11. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Ok I been digging through the code on this mod, and it's really impressive what you have done. This sucker is huge! And since I messed up my knee, I have an excuse to do a full play through shortly. One thing to note, the mod says version .56 in the mod file, probably just hasnt been changed. And as you know, the version on Steam is wayy old. Was like .34 or something.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

The version on steam is 0.56. I have been unable to update it for the simple fact that like some other mods, the mod publisher crashes once the validation step is complete, whether by skipping or validating and passing. I've given up waiting for it to fix itself (and apparently the folks at Gaslamp can't reproduce it), so the only versions past 0.56 will be on the forums.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Steam strikes again... How sad.

14. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

[​IMG]

Enough said, really.

TheJadedMieu, Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  15. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Does this mod interfere with Vlad Digula spawning in Diggle Hell? I ran Diggle Hell about 15 times trying to find him, and no luck. This is the only mod I am running. I noticed you have a "Diggle Hell" room in your rooms.xml, maybe that is involved? Just tossing that out there.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Vlad is random. He can sometimes spawn ten times on a single instance of Diggle Hell. You just had poor luck if you were looking for him. And I can tell you for a fact that he *DOES* spawn with RR running. :)

17. MonsterMod

MonsterMod Member

Cool, thanks. Now to see if I can defeat him finally. Update: Found him and killed him in like 5 turns (despite starting face to face with him after opening a door! Here is the build if anyone is looking for an OP boss killer.

Astrology: loads and loads of goodies, take all the skills. The aoe stun and the aoe blast are huge, since you are so squishy.
    Magic Training: for the stats, gag if no other. Consider this optional.
    Blood Magic: for the first skill. With this, you will never drink a potion after midgame.
    Ley Lines: It was nice early on for mana, mid game and after it is useless except for the teleport. Would not take it again.
    Radiant Wizard: Get all the skills. Massive stat boost, nice skills also. Last skill is for bosses/zoos.
    Magical Law: for the Gag spell with no cooldown.
    Necronomics: I didnt get this filled out till later in the game (when I had better resists), but wow is it a great tree, Last skill is what I used to clear big rooms out.

Its very powerful, but also you are easy to kill if anyone hits you. Name of the game is to never get hit. This would be an extreme challenge with perma-death on I think. Radiant Wizard + Necromancy is super powered, but also super squishy.

OmniNegro likes this.
  18. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Okay. What the hell is this?!?! As soon as I try to load Dredmor with this mod installed, it crashes upon trying to load the main menu, sometimes managing to last until I hit New Game.
    It makes no sense! I updated this mod to the latest version! How can that crash the game!??!
    GAH!
    I hate this crappy computer so much!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Here, until the problem can be found and squashed/eaten by a grue, this works.
    This is obviously assuming the .58 version is the problem. I have yet to try it.

Attached Files:

20. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

I'm trying to replicate the crashing problem, no dice on my part. Will keep trying - have unloaded everything except RR.

OmniaNigrum likes this.