Roguish Renovation

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by lccorp2, Feb 22, 2012.

1. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Win7 64-bit, winRAR.

Although I'll admit that sometimes I get very lazy and just copy files direct into the .zip via windows explorer when it's just one or two additions; that might be the source of the problems.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

I do that all the time. That shouldn't do it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

^^ This.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Holas. Trying to piece together some of the issues surrounding the whole Steam Workshop fragility issues. To this end, since you just updated your mod recently to v0.51, any chance you still have a copy of v0.50 lying around I can use to try to figure out exactly what is causing issues (and to try to get my specific save game working again)? I would greatly appreciate it. If not, it's no biggie, I got a few other mods I can test this with, but your's would be very helpful too! Thanks! :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think this is the correct file. Good luck.

Attached Files:

6. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Thank you very much! :D Unfortunately, that did not have the same results that switching out the other two mods did. I also tried it on a save I had not even tried to run since after I originally subbed to all the mods and also had issues with RR (but not with Faxpax or Essences complete pack). I'll post a more complete finding of the little experiment I was doing on the Steam Woes topic, so as not to derail the RR post.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually, this is the place for the particular mod. If you recall the version, I may yet have it backed up. Nope. I do not. But others may. I think I recall a .48 and .49 that may be correct, but I never tried them.

8. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

I am pretty sure the version I originally had from the Workshop was 0.50. I could be mistaken, but I am like 90% sure. And as for the experiment, RR was just a piece of the puzzle. It was more a little side project that grew out of having my save become unusable 3 different times and me being able to recover it (using the same method) twice, but not the third time...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Steeeeeam!!!! :p

(Inside joke. We usually blame FaxCelestis for anything that goes wrong, even if he had nothing to do with it. As the following: Faaaaaaaaxxxxx!!!!!!!!!)

Is it possible there was more than one version called .50?

10. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

I guess there could have been. But I don't know for sure...And wow...I just recently blamed Fax (in jest) for something that was almost certainly not his fault. I was blaming Fax for stuff that wasn't his fault before I knew it was cool! I am a hipster to myself! I am not quite sure how to handle this news...

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Sad day...got my first Obsidian Shard ever....don't have any crafting skills...cry...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Hope that Terrable spawns on level 15 and that you can somehow beat her, then. :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. FaxCelestis

I killed Fiersome a while back, got ludicrous XP. I mean ludicrous.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Oh and I had some strange things happen in my game recently. The first time, I wasn't sure who's mod it was, but just had something similar happen and I know the room is yours (it's a dragon room, a grove on level 11).

Anyway, first time I walk into this BIG, almost circular (as circular as rooms in DoD can get) shop. There is a little circle in the middle with a moat of water seperating the outer ring from the inner ring. The whole room is considered shop, and I could Shift-Click to sell. But there was no Brax and no items, no tables...nothing except a little rug square that Brax normally stands on...

Later I come to the grove mentioned above. It's got all the right furniture. It's got monsters and a shrine and candles for me to dedicate on the shrine. It's got trees with fruit on them. Only there are no non-hostile dragons. Where ever the Grove Guardian/Keeper should be is instead the word Blackjack, written across the tile. And there the Grove Maiden should be is the number 122. When I mouse over the words, I get the appropriate description text. I could not walk onto a square with words or numbers. Also, the shrine made the right sfx sound and graphic when I placed a candle on it, but it did not give me a buff or item (not that it was a big deal).

The room didn't cause any problems, and worked exactly like it was supposed to, just strange graphically.

I think I might be using a slightly older version of your mod, so after this run I am gana update my version. And like I said, didn't actually cause any problems...it was just odd and I thought I should let you know. :) Thanks again for the awesome mod. I love the dragon stuff. Makes the game super exciting and makes me always want to be crafting.

OmniNegro likes this.
  15. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

The no-Brax thing happens in ID shops, also. I'm not sure why it happens, it may have something to do with the shop having more than one door.

The second happens sometimes because I'm using the.spr files directly as customblockers. It usually doesn't cause problems when the files are meant for customblockers, but sometimes monster .sprs get messed up and that sort of thing happens, especially when a floor is reloaded from a save or something. It doesn't happen all that often.

As to the shrine not giving you an item or buff: one of the three possible outcomes is a full heal. That's probably what you got. The ticker should have given you the appropriate message.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Oh, yeah, I wasn't saying the Brax shop was your shop. I didn't even think anything of it at all till I found the grove. I just thought I would mention it just in case :)

I didn't look at the ticker, I should have, but yeah, I bet that is what I got. Thanks for the info! :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Update with 5 new mushroom monsters. Feedback is requested of all who encounter them.

OmniNegro likes this.
  18. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Are you responsible for the Diggle Geologists on floor 9? If so, you should be aware that they seem to be petrifying themselves.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Diggle Geologists are YHTNTEP content.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. FaxCelestis

And they're supposed to do that anyway.

OmniaNigrum and banjo2E like this.