REVISION 41D NOW IN THE EXPERIMENTAL BUILD

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! It's true! Revision 41D has now hit the experimental build, with a variety of exciting bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements (including a few fairly major bugs that we want to make sure get fixed, so let us know if you see them even after this):

CHANGELOG:

- improved tooltips for workshops
    - balance: Naturalist's office no longer requires iron plates, Laboratory uses copper plates instead of iron
    - balance: overseer acquisition rate has been rebalanced based on player data
    - FIXED: people getting stuck returning to civilization
    - FIXED: kitchen gets stuck on an assignment
    - FIXED: very small, fairly unlikely crash building buildings and then loading them afterwards
    - FIXED: scripterror caused by vermin
    - FIXED: dormant obeliskian hostility toggling
    - FIXED: dead things very specifically can't become hostile now even if they try
    - FIXED: favour redcoats won't be demoted to militia anymore
    - FIXED: gabion deconstruction (and gabion deconstruction progress bar)
    - FIXED: logs/bricks recovered from airshipmast & gabions now properly set to owned by player
    - FIXED: planks were being calculated at 1/4 their intended economy value, slowing overseer acquisition

Alianin and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. YESSSS PUT IT IN MY EYES.

Nicholas likes this.
  3. Good stuff. If you keep the updating at this rate this month you're going to run out of letters!

4. Kelian

Kelian Member

That's why I love this dev team! :D

5. Ah, when they run out of letters - they make good use of the numbers. They are quite good with numbers.

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

• Bandits can shoot and use bayonets in melee while carrying stolen items.
    • [Suggestion] Colonists elevated to upper class: give them a chance of gaining the "Common Mingler" trait (or some other class-related trait). Also, mention the promotion in their bio flavour text.

7. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Do you guys EVER sleep?

8. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

got so far in to this game and then it crashed when I accidentally clicked delete stockpile twice for the same stockpile.
    Really liking the new Barracks system now that I can assign my military squad to it.

Attached Files:

9. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

After my first bandit arriving message - got a script error.
    • Naturalists now digging fine but wander around of their own accord and don't honour requests to investigate specific nodes
    • New NCO militias still can't be assigned a rally point
    • Repairs : not sure how these occur but had 2 broken ovens for 2 days, never fixed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  10. Nicholas

Drumhead: did you get a crash dump?

11. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

This is the save, console, and replay from my r41d. Session lasted about an hour (9 game days). I experienced no problems, and several long-standing bugs were fixed. Some random observations:

• started with Metalworker's Trove, in the Temperate Biome
    • in the Work Crew interface, it's nice that assigned crews are a different colour than unassigned
    • I noticed the Overseer I assigned to the Metalworks had an 'Industrial Artisan' title, where each of my other Overseers were only 'Artisan', is that significant?
    • assigning a colonist as a Militia member, under an NCO, did not anger them as it usually would
    • burials seem to be working as intended, finally (and I noticed the names of the deceased when zooming in)
    • the barracks is pretty neat - after filthly foreigners wiped out my military, I built the barracks and turned a regular work crew into a militia, who then trained up into redcoats
    • the Overseer of that crew did not get a white name like other NCO's however, and it's unclear if she is actually an NCO, as her title remains 'footsoldier'
    • as far as I was able to tell, their active job remained 'get swole' long after they'd become soldiers
    • also, 'get swole' is temporary placeholder text, right? Although funny, it's pretty anachronistic

Attached Files:

12. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Recruited military to fight some bandits - each time, the NCO runs away with "Hunt (order)" as current task leaving the regular troops to fight. Happened 3 times now.

While foraging bandit camp, following script error :

Attached Files:

13. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

right, yes, sorry.

Attached Files:

14. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I've noticed an issue with the fancy new Work Crew UI (which is otherwise nice-looking and doesn't seem to cause the game to lag):
    • the entry for Work Crews assigned to a workshop are shaded slightly darker, good
    • Work Crews so assigned have a 'zoom to workshop button', good
    • this is not preserved when loading a save - they remain assigned, but are no longer shaded, and the zoom button disappears, bad
    • *edit* one more thing, Work Crew job filter settings are also not preserved when loading a saved game, bad
    I've attached another hour of play plus console and replay files (it immediately follows the previous uploaded save).

Attached Files:

15. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

• Night time fighting also seems to be absent for animals / beetles etc. As soon as daylight hits, appears to work. Did get one colonist use a knife on a foe but no shooting from local soldiers
    • Another script error, nothing instigated by me plus a save with loadout missing appearing fairly regularly
    • Lingonberry bushes do not seem to be regrowing
    • Farming : had about 8 workers on 2 fields while 3 other fields gradually decayed

Attached Files:

16. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

First crash :

Attached Files:

17. PeterH

PeterH Member

Doesn't cause lag? You must be kidding. Day 16, 38 colonists. When I leave the work crew menu open, people start teleporting around the map at times, and I am experiencing severe slowdown at times as well.

18. Nicholas

There is still something going on with the work crew menu, but so far I can't reproduce it and I've only had reports of it happening for *some* people. Can you throw me a save game that exhibits severe slowdown? Also, what's your computer again?

19. TurboTodd

TurboTodd Member

20. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Brutal slowdown with work crew menu. Particularly when changing a workshop/office assignment.

Attached Files: