REVISION 41D NOW IN THE EXPERIMENTAL BUILD

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Alianin

Alianin Member

I have a laborer that was raised to an aristocrat, but they're still part of a work crew and toiling away. Not that I'm complaining, but I think that's not the correct behavior. ;) I tried unassigning her from the work crew and she just shows up as an unassigned worker.

2. razrien

razrien Member

[Edit] Wait.. it just occurred to me that barracks are a thing now. ...is that what we use to conscript?

I think my only gripe with this new build is the lack of conscription. (unless i'm just not seeing the button)
    All the bandits have to do is kill your one military NCO, which makes the group disband, and then they can walk all over you.
    No more impromptu militia to fight them off
    [​IMG]

Also only having 3 people to a work group is a bit of a pain, though I do like the idea of having the lower class being used as a 'pool of resources'.
    (I'm really liking the new UI by the way. Looks pretty spiffy!)

Also I seem to be getting overseers every time I sneeze now. I wonder if thats somehow linked to how well your production is going?
    Or maby the game is trying to balance the lack of worker slots per group?

console.txt here
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9heSf3emdD2Z1U3cHNRMHlyYmc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  3. Lochar

Lochar Member

If you assign a regular overseer to barracks he will now be militia nco, altho right now you seem to lose your ability to use rally points with militia nco, he will train to footsoldier but still not get command. If they train to nco I havent seen that yet.

4. Alianin

Alianin Member

Deserting bandits almost never make it to the colony now. They're being chased by 1-3 other bandits.

My military guys also at some point in a fight seem to get stuck in some kind of run away loop and never turn to fight and end up getting killed. I've lost many a NCO in this fashion. Can we turn back on an occasional NCO immigration event? I feel like I'm ending up defenseless more often than not.

5. Alianin

Alianin Member

I've made it up to 79 colonists now (81 before some invading forces killed a few off) and I have 3 unassigned workers because I can't get any new overseers. 3 seems to be too few for a work crew, especially for my farms, kitchen, and military units. Can it be bumped to 5?

I also have a painfully slow Work Crews menu. I'm running an AMD FX-8320, 16GB memory, GeForce GTX 560Ti. I think it's time to upgrade my video card. :D

6. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

Pause the game before opening work crew menu as a work around.

7. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Does this actually address the problem or does it just mean you're not so aware of the problem because everything is frozen in place anyway? As I've found the workcrew window additional load happens even with the game paused and minimised whilst giving it a few pokes and seeing what the CWE process was up to. (http://steamcommunity.com/app/224740/discussions/0/541907867749245567/#c541907867756077057)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  8. It addresses the problem in that your client doesn't freeze.

9. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

hmmmm, Ok.

10. It's a reasonable workaround. But it's a workaround. The Work Crew interface is fine if you pause it, or go stare at a black space, but it seems to have a serious problem when you're moving, selecting things and actively changing office/workshop assignment with it open. ESPECIALLY when zoomed in.

11. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Personally I've found that the workcrew window in itself will consume as much as it does regardless to paused or unpaused, moving the camera or not. But obviously having the game unpaused and doing something active will throw additional load by the game on top of that being dealt by the workcrew window being open, so I can see pausing the game mitigating the collective amount the game is demanding at any given time which may push the players machine to the point where the game becomes entirely unresponsive.

But from what I can tell, the workcrew will always consume as much as it will consume, paused/unpaused, moving camera or stationary camera, game on screen or minimised.

But when paused and not moving around, you're not exactly going to notice the game stuttering except for the workcrew window itself maybe having slightly jerky scrolling. Where as unpaused you're going to immediately notice your colonists starting and stopping.

Edit: Anyways, it's not an overly important distinction except for people who have machines are already borderline minimum spec and may find the additional load from opening the workcrew window with a higher population colony enough to bring the game to a halt for them regardless to if the game is paused or not.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  12. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here's a big long session that got up to 40 days and 80 colonists. Toward the end, there were problems with workshops and farms that were being mysteriously neglected. There were a couple of cases of Crews carrying the title of their previous workshop while re-assigned elsewhere, and some constructions seemingly ignored forever. The colony also grew into two colonies, and that created some stockpile problems, where colonists would carry produced goods all the way to the other town, even if there was a convenient stockpile nearby.

shot013.jpg

Attached Files: