REVISION 41C NOW IN THE EXPERIMENTAL BUILD

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

A reminder: since 41B was a hotfix, it will remain in the "stable" build. The following changes are only if you are in the Experimental build:

41C Consolidated Changelog

items may now be forbidden and claimed using the click-drag interface; forbidden items turn red
    balance: Naturalists will prioritize player-ordered Mineralogical Surveying over player-ordered Exploration Beacons
    balance: crops now output 1 item, dropped immediately to ground
    farm field max dimensions doubled
    stockpile max dimensions limited to 7x7 (in anticipation of stockpile mechanics improvements)
    added military skill to replace "Military Training" trait (more work coming on this)
    tooltips now offset to account for cursor size when set to follow the cursor
    overhauled work crew window to remove unnecessary information, increase readability, oppress the lower class (in-progress)
    edited faction and commodity window sizes
    colonists will abort hugging more accurately
    added a small pile of new desires for colonists
    the "no' option will now be the first option for the "criminal goods" event
    removed NCO/Overseer option from middle class immigration
    ai_agent missions that target civilization will now aim closer to civilization
    added "Idle Suspiciously" job for foreigners
    added "mysterious figures" icon to mysterious situations
    added Prisoner backgrounds
    added Barracks (assign workcrew to conscript them)
    added concept of training to barracks: assigned NCO will order militia soldiers to "get swole" so they become proper redcoats
    assignment beacons now correctly display the work crew name and subtasks
    tooltip over assignment beacon now tells you the name of the job, the work crew doing the job, and the # of tasks remaining in the job
    FIXED: non-player ai agents will now correctly delete their carried weapons or items when despawned
    FIXED: various issues with Bandit attacks not finding their target
    FIXED: corpses thinking they weren't in the world and thus messing up burial jobs
    FIXED: non-colonist ai_agents did not interrupt jobs correctly
    FIXED: issues with bandits fleeing back to their camp
    FIXED: bandit gang defeat scripterror
    FIXED: bandit hostility state toggles for ALL bandits on the map whenever a decision is made about them
    FIXED: if a tag can be filled by multiple objects with the same utility, we now pick one at random rather than just the last one. (This mainly shows up in the distribution of where people sleep, as well as other issues which hopefully won't stick in loops.)
    FIXED: slowdown in work party menu with > 100 colonists
    FIXED: item ownership for lots of items
    FIXED: items will only stack with other items if they have a common owner (for now)

Bluebird likes this.
  2. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Loving the update, decided to try it instead of eat dinner. One thing though. I don't understand the new barracks system. It sounded like I could assign an NCO to a barracks to have them train other soldiers, but only civilian work crews can be assigned. How does this work exactly?

3. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

It *should* still work, though it might take some figuring out, but i think i forgot to check in a file. We might push a new build tomorrow that should make it easier.

4. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here's the first hour or so of Revision 41c. Twenty-One's a Crowd, in the Jungle biome. Some quick feedback:

• stuff gets built very quickly with 21 colonists - it's actually very easy to bypass starting without any supplies - and it's considerably easier than The Dauntless Dare (which is the same, but with fewer colonists)
    • I like the look of the new Work Crew menu - are Crews now limited in size to 3 workers and an Overseer?
    • clicking on the cameos that represent workers will zoom to the person, but I kind of miss being able to pop up that person's info panel easily
    • colouring Overseer and Worker names white and orange, respectively, is a good change
    • colonists do indeed sleep anywhere, and not just the last building constructed
    • the Airship Flyover favour is awesome now, and zooming to the beginning of the path is good
    • the Stack of Bricks still seems to turn invisible sometimes, when being retrieved from an oven and transported to a stockpile
    • the new gigantic farms are handy, but they're so large a full-size plot may see some crop spoilage

shot004.jpg

Huuuuuuge .. tracts of land.

Attached Files:

5. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

We'll likely increase the max size of the work crews, but before we had it too large, so we figured we'd tone it down and look for good reasons to increase it rather than the other way around.

We'll be looking to balance farms so that a full, skilled up work crew can keep them going. Lots of balancing to do there still :D

6. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

First script error I have seen, got a good game in tonight.

Attached Files:

7. Olek

Olek Member

In 41B my NCO would shoot the beast and not butcher it, now in 41C the NCO shoots and butchers, but no job is generated to collect the meat, only option I have when clicking on it is to deny.

8. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Add a job in the kitchen to cook the meat and they will go and get it unless it is far from home.

9. Very much like the new work crew window layout - much improved. Only played a couple of game days but had an obliskean at start and have had a cow chasing my NCO around the map since near start and they are still at it. Apart from that all good.

10. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Like it all thus far. Have we lost the ability to choose between an Overseer and an NCO? Not seem the dialog yet.

Edit : Day 18, population 36 and not one soldier or NCO ... odd

Edit : Still got people running on the spot

Edit : Dead bandit (corpse) was still scaring settlers away

Edit : Can't set rally point for Militia NCO or other soldiers recruited via barracks

Edit : Night raid by beetles. Militia stood around not doing anything despite marking "Hunt Animals". No regular troops left so had to make barracks for these. No fighting at night?

EDit : Metalworks stuck making cogs and nothing else, could not flip it to anything new.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  11. FIbinachi

FIbinachi Member

I've been getting repeats of people having a memory of a murder they did not commit, for this version and for 41B and for 41.

"He killed another being for the firs time. [emotion] at the death of Unnamed" is the description. No one has died, or been killed, and it's also not from participating in combat and having someone killed nearby. Twice it's been when they were foraging? But that could be incidental.

12. Just chose the military load out and the basket of goods exploded on ground impact killing one the starting colonists who was 'riddled with shrapnel' is this a event? The colonist was in a bloody mess at the bottom of two large craters.

13. Olek

Olek Member

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try.

Edit... I'll also add, the meat is showing up in my commodities list, however it is still on the ground where the beast was killed, and not in the stockpile, hope this helps nail it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  14. oh god the changes are disorientating

Attached Files:

15. also I can't assign my NCO (Her MAjesty's 53rd Regiment) to the Barracks, but I can assign her to the Kitchen.
    If you assign a Military Squad to a Kitchen (presumably any other workshop too) their redcoat skin will disappear and they will become a regular Overseer. Which you can rally.

16. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

That sounds like the impact triggered something explosive, like a landmine or science crate.

17. Yep, just never seen it before. Was a bit puzzled as to if it was a feature or a bug. :)

18. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

The new work crew menu is disgustingly... refined. :)

dbaumgart likes this.
  19. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks for the report & attachments, digging in to find this!

1. Overseer & NCO: You have to build a barracks and assign a workcrew to start a new military squad. Uh, we should hook up tooltips and a new tutorial to explain this properly.
    2. People running in spot is not yet fixed in 41C; waiting on decision tree overhaul: OC-3211 (state is "in progress" in our system)
    3. Weird! I could see this happening if a bandit was not properly removed from their gang when killed ... and the aggression toggles should not apply to dead people. Logging myself OC-3719 to clean this up for the next release.

Bluebird likes this.
  20. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Thanks - finally figured that out, was having a slow day :) The inability to set a rally point for such squads makes chasing down bandits hard; you need to spend points for temp soldiers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.