REVISION 41A HOTFIX NOW PUSHED TO DEFAULT BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Revision 41A has now been pushed to the default AND experimental branches as a hotfix for Thursday's Revision 41 release. Sometimes this is necessary. Things can go wrong. The Frontier is a dangerous place!

CHANGES:

added higher priority version of beetle-squishing for farmers
    moved numerical information on world map over to binary files inside save packet; makes saves faster/better
    FIXED: crash caused by runaway iterator in AI preference code
    FIXED: infinite loop cancelling assignment jobs
    FIXED: foraging requires day to do now
    FIXED: soldiers will now actually shoot back against hostile foreigners
    FIXED: a bunch of events didn't push hostility/neutrality/friendly states correctly
    FIXED: fishpeople group will be tagged hostile upon choosing to "shoot them all"
    FIXED: increased ravenous herd hunger so they dont have to get hungrier before eating your crops
    FIXED: animals should be tagged with proper hostility flags
    FIXED: bandit plundering
    FIXED: various issues with bandit gang retreating
    FIXED: rare scripterror in Fishperson Butchery Crisis

Samut and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Nice. Got this far without a SINGLE crash.

nocrash.jpg

nocrash2.jpg

Trick2G, Noratoxin and Daniel like this.
  3. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

What amazing support. One of the best Early Access experiences I have had. Huge kudos to you all.

Trick2G likes this.
  4. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Minor stuff :

- Clearing jobs does not remove icon from the screen
    - Still issue of jobs scheduled, crews allocated but no-one doing the work.

Still some colonists stuck on one spot and never moving. Definitely not as bad as it once was though.

Military still a bit reluctant to fire on hostile foe - had a bandit raid and only one of the units fired. Rest just wandered aimlessly.

Edit : Just directed a unit to a bandit camp and they stood there being shot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  5. Again minor bug 41A - noticed builder animation stopping hammering well before build job completed. Job was done but the builder was just standing holding his hammer whilst the bar progressed as normal. He the wandered off as normal when job was completed.

6. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Poor things. Hostile bandit camp but no military units will attack they just get killed when sent over. Burial detail comes in, 50% chance they get shot before fleeing - more deaths, more burial details assigned etc. ... slowly killing every last unit.

7. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Have some problems whit current game, writing as playing to get everything.
    first, My kitchen is stuck on a job that will not finish. Might have to do whit a emergency draft of its workers.
    Second, I have some bandits hanging around my place. seems they are fleeing by standing still. Note, I acepted a truce while those where being chased off.
    3rd, had all my military killed, and managed to get 2 NCOs and a few soldiers, 1 of the NCOs gets killed, even pops, saying ALL NCOs dead and gives option for getting a new one for 1 prestige.
    4th, my workshop got stuck on finishing production. Might be my fault, as I cancelled a finishing production job while trying to fix my broken kitchen.
    5th, Placing some mines, I got message saying I had no mines to place. few minutes later the mines were placed. (5 mines before I tired to place, so I had mines).
    6th, seems my second kitchen have gotten stuck to. this time, I did not do anything to its work crew.
    7th, Another crash. Sending whit the small 209 999 kb console.txt zipped. ouch, that is quite the log.

Attached Files:

8. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Try cancelling the stalled kitchen task from the jobs menu. It should fix the problem.

9. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

So far so good, no crashes for me. A few things though carried from the last build.
    - military units don't defend crops from beetles at night.
    - flee towards civilization job causes everyone to freeze in place, and thus get dead from bandits shooting them.
    - my NCO was killed and I have no way to replace him (missing the NCO replacement event).
    - my dead NCO was killed while sleeping through a bandit raid...
    - After death NCO was still shown in my colonists tab as in bed. Even after being buried.
    - At this point my NCO decided to question my policies regarding fish people.
    - one of my soldiers triggered an "is actually nobility" event. after "promoting" her, she was still assigned to the squad/acted as a soldier/laborer. Is that expected?
    - for some reason work crews are having all of their jobs toggled off, including haul goods. Can't figure out why - seems random. Edit: occurs when new overseer arrives. all crews assigned to a workshop have their jobs disabled.
    - work crew panel still not showing workshop assignments after loading a saved game.

Hope this never ending list of problems helps!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  10. Blyn

Blyn Member

Footsoldiers assigned to NCO do not become soldiers.

Specifically, I chose science loadout and happened to get a scientist with military training, so I conscripted her.
    Any footsoldier colonists I got, instead of becoming soldiers, became lab assistants. Retiring then re-conscripting the crew fixed the problem but upset my NCO.

I also conscripted a prisoner work party and they did not conscript, I don't know if this is by design tho.

11. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hah! That's an interesting bug. I'll file a ticket for David - OC-3683.

I've found the cause of the troubles with people stopping not shooting people. I'm conducting additional Military Tests right now.

Bluebird likes this.
  12. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

I did try this. even whit job canceled from jobs menu, it still said that its current job was making lingonberry preserves.

13. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Crash after a fairly long time. 65+ settlers. Was also getting strange, empty error boxes.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.