REVISION 41: "SIR, WHERE'S MY COLONY?" NOW AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

KillerKidClever likes this.
  2. <3333333333333

dbaumgart likes this.
  3. MrFritz

MrFritz Member

Hoozah.

4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Hey, just a note, if you all wanna upload some console.txts from long-ish play sessions (30+ mins would be ideal) it'd be helpful in continuing to balance the game! I've got some analytics stuff in there that tells me how often you're getting characters, what you're building, etc and having this data is super useful for figuring out how people play! :D Thanks a bunch!

Your console.txt on windows can be found under My Documents/Gaslamp Games/Clockwork Empires. (Note: Your console.txt is overwritten every time you launch the game, so loading a game that you already played for a while will give me a blank-ish log - I need actual playtime)

5. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Here is a console for ya. It should be noted it ended in a freeze where i had to kill the CE process. I tried removing a job that wasn't being done, and the icon didn't go away so I tried removing it there too.

Attached Files:

6. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Could you put a limit or timer on the 'object to policy' event? I've gotten a ton of these over the course of a single day!

fishpersonobjection.jpg

7. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Something very annoying happened.

Late in the game I was warned of an impending beetle swarm. I rallied my substantial military force around my crops and waited. Night fell. Some of the troops went to bed and/or got a bite to eat but the majority stayed vigilant. Then, six giant beetles ran up to my crops and my men did...nothing. They just milled around while the beetles...also did nothing. They just hung around next to my farms. I tried unrallying my troops and set all of my squads to hunt. Nothing. Then, morning dawned and suddenly the beetles sprang into action and decimated my crops. My soldiers immediately attacked but couldn't really stop them because the bugs were ALLOWED to get right on top of my farms despite my careful precautions.

Long story short, beetle swarm and soldier behavior at night is bugged (pun unintended).

8. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Ask and ye shall receive. Here's a marathon session I recently played to day 25 with 54 citizens. No crashes or script errors throughout with a couple of odd bugs I've mostly already reported.

Also, still too many overseers. I'm seriously considering using frontier justice to cull them during the game at this point.

Attached Files:

MOOMANiBE likes this.
  9. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here's the first hour of a new session of Revision 41. Preliminary notes:

-clicking on colonists in the work crew menu works again, although dragging and dropping does not
    -dismantling a gabion takes much, much longer that the time it takes to fill the progress bar (but it does eventually complete)

Attached are the save, replay, and console of the first hour.

Attached Files:

10. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Over all, excellent release. One very frustrating thing is that the military units will not fire reliably on hostile forces. I can even set a rally point for them right next to an enemy slaughtering workers and they do nowt - one actually went to sleep :)

Perhaps an ability to select targets and give an "attack" command.

Had to start all over when one enemy did not stop attacking and killed all colonists while soldiers wandered around,.

Update : Around 40 settlers, started to grind to a halt. Too slow to really play. No crashes though - excellent!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  11. razrien

razrien Member

I JUST had this happen to my colony, actually
    Couple hours into the game here -
    [​IMG]

Hostile forces passed through.. all but one guy, who stood in the middle of town and murdered a good 20 colonists before finally getting bored and wandering off.
    My military refused to touch the one guy, even though they had pistols and bayonets. Even conscripting my entire colony did nothing. Everyone just wandered around, carrying dead bodies before he shot them down.

I kept going though, and even 5-6 days later, we were still burying our dead. (...as another hostile force was on the way)

I was down to one group of workers, and I wondered what would happen if I clicked all the little x's in the massive job list.
    Turns out, thats a bad thing to do. It locked the game up so hard I had to alt tab out and use the task manager to close it.
    Didn't even give me a proper crash file.

Uploading my console.txt and stuff and gonna try to recreate what I did.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9heSf3emdD2elhjdl9NZHRNRWs/view?usp=sharing

Attached Files:

12. razrien

razrien Member

Hmm.. for some reason its not loading that save file now.
    Arrgghh I hate when the saves break :mad:

...however, it is loading this earlier save with the immortal rampaging aurochs that no one can target.

Attached Files:

13. Been playing for about 30-40 minutes.

Attached Files:

14. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Fairly long play - no major glitches except slow performance.

Edit : Reloaded game and performance improved dramatically. Garbage collection?
    Edit 2 : 2-3 mins in, performance dropped again. Slow, stuttering walking etc.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Ugh, I hope it's not garbage collection.

16. MrFritz

MrFritz Member

Here is a console. Think the session was about 1 and a half Rick and Morty episodes.

Attached Files:

17. razrien

razrien Member

Rick and Morty suddenly appear through a portal near your colony

"Alright Morty, just grab the eggs and we'll get outta here."
    "Gee... I don't know Rick.. I think the natives might object to us abducting thier children."
    "Nonsense Morty! This is science Morty. This is science." *says as he munches a handful of eggs*
    "Oh god Rick! What are you doing?!"
    "Mmphh mmm, science mmnph"

18. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Crash. Just loaded the attached save file.

Attached Files:

19. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Had a crash, just gotten kitchen buildt, and while setting amount of black-caps to be pickled the game crashed on me. hope the files will be useful.

Attached Files:

20. Massive, massive slowdown when I open the work crew menu.
    Some notes on the work crew menu: If you re-load a saved game, the buildings a work crew is assigned to do not show up. They still do their jobs, but if you want to see the building you're assigned to, you have to re-assign all the buildings to get them to show up.

There is no military/civilian/all switch tab. This might be because of the scroll bug I reported last revision but it might not.

It's not crashed yet, but the slowdown is so amazing that I feel it's just a couple minutes away from doing so.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.