REVISION 40C NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Changes:

animal herds appropriate to biome will randomly show up from edge of map
    fishpeople will react to their friends receiving beatings/execution from colonists
    added major bandit attack event
    added tooltips to bandit event dialogs
    neutral military scouts will now do survey action
    groups doing attack/plunder missions will perform "search area" if they can't find a target for attack/plunder
    cultists in a cult that worships a specific type of horror may now worship that horror if they see one
    cultists in a fish cult will not hassle fishpeople because it goes against their religious beliefs
    fishpeople may become more aggressive if they find a fishperson corpse
    mineralogical survey results will create an alert
    the Ministry Investigation event has had some text clarifications and an alternate outcome added depending on character traits.
    romantically inclined people will occasionally cry over graves.
    characters now have desires and a record of their personal property.
    characters can now claim modules for their use (this is the start of the personal property system, though right now it's still Communism; i.e. people will sleep in any bed, even a claimed one.)
    the Empire will now deliver population milestone rewards to an airship mast, if you have one.
    added new event: A lower-class character may discover they are a member of the nobility.
    mood penalties for characters going hungry have been increased.
    mood penalties for background inter-character behavior have been decreased.
    characters now forget negative memories of hunger if they eat, depending on how hungry they still are.
    characters now appropriately forget memories due to drinking alcohol. Low concentrations remove less important memories, higher concentrations remove increasingly more important memories. (This will likely need balancing.)
    added more names have been added to what will surely one day be the official unofficial Dickensian character generator
    did more UI tweaks to reign in some wandering elements that thought just because we rewrote the UI system they could take a break
    balance: food will no longer count towards The Empire's opinion of your economic progress. (This will affect the rate at which you recieve overseers and the system has been rebalanced accordingly)
    balance: the overseer allocation system will continue giving you additional characters after you have hit the overseer cap if some of your overseers have died. (Note: Temporary overseers are tracked separately, so you can't game this for freebies.)
    balance: made mineshafts slightly cheaper (requires iron ingots rather than iron plates)
    FIXED: some broken job requirements that locked maddened colonists into certain behaviour loops
    FIXED (40B): Logs (& other harvested resources) should now be correctly stockpiled.
    FIXED: when bandits/foreign soldiers/fishpeople drop weapons, they will be added to your commodities list
    FIXED: various issues with agents carrying out missions freezing in place temporarily
    FIXED: Colonists intending to hug fishpeople will no longer hug normal people. Just fishpeople.

Alianin, KillerKidClever and berkstin like this.
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

You have officially made my work day unbearably longer.

3. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Once again, I would like to request users post their CONSOLE.TXT in this topic after playing for 20 or more minutes! I've made big changes to the economy scoring in this experimental (food is no longer counted toward your score) so I had to rebalance the overseer acquisition rate again. I've also added a lot more checks so your consoles will give me even better info on how (and how quickly) you're progressing. This info is super valuable, so please do post logs for me!

Your console.txt on windows can be found under My Documents/Gaslamp Games/Clockwork Empires. (Note: Your console.txt is overwritten every time you launch the game, so loading a game that you already played for a while will give me a blank-ish log - I need actual playtime)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  4. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Cool, Did the naturalist fix go in for this revision?

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yes.

6. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

cheers! :)

7. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here's first 30 minutes of a session of 40C. The session also ended with a crash to desktop, so this one has everything - console.txt, replays, a crash dump, and a save file:

Attached Files:

8. Mikel

Yay! You brought the crashes back! No more staying up past midnight for me!

9. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

It played a bit better than the last build for me for a while. However, no-one will build my metalworks. After 5 days of waiting for someone to bring the last plank needed I gave up. was stuck at 16/17 planks. Also, temp Naturalists refuse to conduct mineral surveys. Turned all the other jobs off to stop them farming/foraging etc. they just haul things instead of doing useful stuff. Day 8 I was attacked by 14 bandits, and since I had no metalworks...

Enjoy the console :p

Attached Files:

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

For my notes: Alephred, your crash is in "rendOdinCitizen::SetProgressBarPercentage" (memory cannot be read.) I'll look into that.

11. Alephred

Some random observations about 40C:

-selecting colonists from the Work Crew list still isn't working (this made starting with the 'Best and Brightest' kit particularly awkward)
    -it's nice that the search bar is now coloured
    -all desires appear to be either 'start a cult' or 'see a fishman'
    -stacked bricks appear to be invisible.

A one-hour session, continued from my previous session. Compared to 40b, the overseer arrival rate appears to be a little bit slower:

Attached Files:

12. MrFritz

MrFritz Member

Heyoh. First post, might as well make it a useful one. Here's some stuff. 40ish min game.

Attached Files:

13. Samut

Samut Member

Made it five minutes into day one before my colony had been run ragged by rampaging Aurochs and two separate waves of Obeliskians. Console.txt is attached, for what it's worth.

2015-07-16_00004.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Alephred

I'm terribly jealous of all these people reporting run-ins with Obeliskians and purple explosions. My own games run for hours and hours and everyone's happy and I can't wake up the mysterious black ruins for the life of me.

15. Blyn

Blyn Member

All of mine wanted to hunt the most dangerous game...

16. Mikel

I think that overseers are still popping too fast, particularly compared to lower class immigrants.

Attached Files:

17. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Seconded. I received seven middle class in six days. In comparison, I received 5 lower class and had to spend 4 prestige to get this many.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  18. razrien

razrien Member

Got about an hour or two in before my first crash.
    It crapped out during an auto save.

Everything was going fairly well, save for some oddities with the kitchen workshop UI. It wouldn't scroll all the way up for some reason.
    Also my ceramics shop became stuck on 'finishing production' or whatever that was. Had to demolish it.

....which may be a clue about the crash. They were in the middle of dismantling the shop when it happened.

Console txt. too large to upload yet again
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9heSf3emdD2UVMxdGk4MUItSDg/view?usp=sharing

[Edit] Another thought.. I had a small massacre occur shortly before this. Several overseers killed, had to shuffle a lot of people around, and it really crapped up my workshops for a bit, as many were in the middle of finishing this or that when they died

Attached Files:

19. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Visiting naturalists obtained through favors still don't function. Made it tricky to advance into mid-game since there were no nearby metal surface nodes and the only way to obtain a working naturalist (to survey mineral deposits) is to build an office, which requires metal plates...

Funnily enough, lower class workers assigned to him DID behave as naturalists.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  20. toran74

toran74 Member

made it up to day 9 i think probably should have had my workers doing something other than long distance forging

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.