REVISION 40A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Ah - the load game UI fix somehow slipped by even though we totally fixed it. It'll be in for 40B!

The problem happens when your list of savegames is so long that it has elements under the "LOAD" button, then your click hits the savegame entry under the button rather than clicking the load button. If you click on the far right slide of the load button that is underneath the scrollbar element, you can load the game correctly.

2. Olek

Olek Member

People will still make the "predictable choices" all this has done is to lessen the value of that choice.

This could work both ways if you were to keep the current temp employment options, but also have the permanent options reintroduced, but at a much high prestige cost, say double or triple.

3. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

People will only make the same choices as long as the early to mid game are predictable and can therefore be planned. These choices are designed to allow players to deal with things that they can't otherwise plan for.

It's very true that not much to that effect happens yet, but if we start implementing more random events to be reacted to by players without such a tool, the only options we have are either making the player guess what will happen ahead of time, or making the events sufficiently low impact that any choices the player makes are viable. Neither of those are particularly interesting.

4. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Here is the painfull one again, that always posts annoying bugs ruining your day..
    Seems I made the game crash this time, Might be autosave related. as while uploading and going for replay, I spotted a 0 kb auto save. uploading the 0 kb save and the last working save.

Second, I did get my 11x11 kitchen to graphically glitch (old glitch resurfacing?), AND I found a headless person (no pumpkin head)..
    [​IMG]
    (and headless one)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Weird... taking a look, thanks :)

We haven't fully addressed the graphics glitch with the corner modules yet. It can be really annoying if you're investing in a huge building, but it's not super high on our list because it doesn't impact gameplay at all. We'll get there though!

6. Blyn

Blyn Member

I left the favor window up (didn't choose a favor or close it) until I actually needed something on the list and had the prestige to get it.

None of my NCOs or soldiers were coming in with weapons so I waited for 5 prestige, called in redcoats, retired them, let my permanent troops equip their dropped muskets, and used the temps as labor until they left the colony (which told me a crew was disbanded due to overseer death BTW)

What CEO Daniel said about events is true, cuz while I was proud of my little exploit, it counted for squat when the Mechanique's showed up and shot everyone and I didn't have the prestige to call reinforcements.

7. Wolg

Wolg Member

Anyone else finding mineral surveys don't show the results on the markers any more?

8. grumps

grumps Member

I picked up on this on the Steam forums, the reply was that it shows up if you zoom in after it has been surveyed by a naturalist and they will make it so it shows at all zoom levels in a future patch.

Hope this helps :)

9. Trick2G

Trick2G Member

I would love to help with this, when I get off work this afternoon I will get right on playing. Thanks for involving us!

MOOMANiBE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.