REVISION 39E NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Changes below:

FIXED: random autosave crash and/or memory corruption caused by machine expression timing error
    FIXED: various issues when deleting a stockpile, including crashing
    FIXED: progress bars and nametags appearing through windows during gameplay
    FIXED: emotions and speech bunch up when zoomed out, and all display at once when visible
    FIXED: workshop owners will set bad/good workshop names again depending on their madness
    FIXED: small typesetting errors in "wrapped text renderer" (putting a period by itself at the end of a newline, etc.)
    FIXED: foreign military & bandit weapons will no longer show up in commodities window
    FIXED: friendly fishpeople will no longer attack your gabions for no good reason
    FIXED: all lower-class colonists are correctly auto-placed in workcrews after immigration
    FIXED: conscripted Vicars will no longer do vicar stuff
    (FIXED 39D: fishpeople now spawn correctly with gifts/weapons depending on group's mission)
    (FIXED 39C: cults with no name should no longer be formed)
    FIXED: Script error during "Research Science Crate" event
    FIXED: "Butcher Human Corpse" job should no longer be confused between Fishpeople & Human version (this would lead to problems)
    Windows: Screenshots are now saved into My Documents\Gaslamp Games\Clockwork Empires.
    balance: removed Deathwurms from tropical biome spawn (a handful are spawned via script now, well away from the start location)
    balance: tripled beer production
    balance: higher skill no longer changes amount produced in any workshop - just time to perform work
    balance: immigration event has been revamped to reflect the value of colonists to the player
    yield added to butcher corpse jobs (so they don't get cancelled forever in certain cases)
    foreign military units now reload like properly trained soldiers
    adjusted Foreign Military mission pathing to be less boring
    (most) starting items will now arrive pre-stacked
    redrew Bucket of Raw Opium icon
    fishpeople will now eat dead bandits
    butchered bandits will turn into skeletons
    added new jobs for mad characters including "Freak out in joy" and "Hug stranger"

2. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Nice! Also, good work on the fishperson envoy icon - it's supremely creepy yet friendly (see below).

creepyfish.jpg

Incidentally, can cubes of flesh be cooked (yet)?

junk.jpg

3. Wolg

Wolg Member

Tried stew for cubes? :confused:

Observing colonists interacting, I suspect that memories are only being generated from conversations for the one who speaks first. There are plenty of "had a conversation about the hardships of the upper class" type memories, but I'm not seeing people angered/upset/enjoying conversations, or having memories of being spoken to even when they have only their starting seed memories. Intentional...?

4. Samut

Samut Member

Looks great. Played through day 18 or so. No crashes.

There was a script error when I accidentally issued a demolish order for my Kitchen, but there's no screenshot - sorry. I was so caught up in my colony that when the error popped up, my first reaction was to hop out w/o saving and then relaunch from the last auto save. And it worked!

It's weird how different the fish people seem now that they aren't forming a bloodthirsty mob every few days. The procession and giving of gifts bit is really cool, and I look forward to seeing this get fleshed out more over time. Presumably being all chummy with the fish people is going to eventually lead to some converting and corrupting and spree stabbing and then some cleansing through fire.

Speaking of, there wasn't any cult activity, although one soldier did get mentioned in the ticker as talking to himself and acting crazy. Man, remember when some players were so worried about cults they'd kill any colonist who so much as talked about the weather? Good times.

5. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yeah, I'd like to see cults become just a tad easier to form and spread (increase madness levels? More artifacts to find? More "insanity" traits?), but that's a personal preference--cults are one of my favorite parts of the game.

6. Danl

Danl Member

Much more stable. Bravo!

7. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

I prefer it when they are added to the pool instead, so I can make decisions about putting the Pigeon Fanciers together, or the new Morbid guy with the old crazy group etc. When they are auto-added to crews I spend a long time scrolling to see who is new and if they should be moved or not.

Xordaii likes this.
  8. Wolg

Wolg Member

Option would be nice, or some means of distinguishing the newest arrivals in the workcrew panel...

9. Xordaii

Xordaii Member

I usually put them in workgroups myself, an option for auto-adding or adding to pool would be good :)

I also appreciate that the mines now put out markers to be examined by a naturalist. I would NEVER be able to remember where the darned things were before I mined the surface nodes. Thank you for that!

Loving each new update, more fun!

10. What's with the OC-3442 bug (it's always the first overseer on the work party list who complains about you accepting stolen goods)? Squashed or still scurrying somewhere?

11. Krentz

Krentz Member

Awesome news post today! I love reading about the gritty development details, and being able to track down a heisenbug like this (great name, btw) in just a weekend is impressive!

12. Danl

Danl Member

I guess I'm having some job assignment problems. Current game: modules are getting left undone - e.g. beds - they gather the planks but won't gather the linen and the iron smelter - they gather the bricks but not the pipes/plates. The construction job sits in the jobs list without being picked up (needless to say the stuff is available). In my previous run-through I couldn't get anyone to smelt. Built several metalworks, tried iron & stone smelters, tried changing work crews, nobody wanted to do it.

13. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Ups almost forgot to upload the crash.. was playing while watching E3 stream, suddenly after tabbing out (windowed mode) game just dissapeared, dump file is 0 kb. had to zip it for forum to acept it. not really sure how much use it will be tough.

Attached Files:

14. The game is getting so stable that I don't know what to complain about! The only weird thing I saw today was a woman named William, but who am I to judge a name?

15. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I agree, the game feels quite a lot more stable now.

Minor note though, I can still get my game to crash when I attempt to demolish a mine building.

16. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Hey! This sounds like it's the 'stacked items dropped from air crate aren't considered valid targets for jobs' problem. To work around it, build a stockpile and have colonists return the stacks to the stockpile. This resets the commodities so they can be used by people again.

For the next patch I'm turning off the air crate stacks, will put them back in once they can be spawned to the ground directly (without having to use a weird hack).

17. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

That one is still open; it's a fundamental assumption in the function to find a character with a certain trait -- it always returns the first one it finds. What we'll need to do is add an option to choose one random of any character that fulfills the given conditions, or approach the problem from a different direction.
    'Til then, at least you know who the narc is going to be!

18. Tarod

Tarod Member

I've probably played this save longer than any other so far. games coming along great.
    That said I've got some lag now and I think it has to do with some burial jobs not working. I think they get assigned and cancelled over and over.

Attached Files:

19. Tarod

Tarod Member

I also suspect there's something wrong with gunpowder production.

20. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Gunpowder isn't that useful right now, though. Combat supplies aren't consumed and landmines are only so-so.