REVISION 39D IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH: Well, That Was Fast

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Revision 39D is a hotfix that has been pushed to the Experimental Branch. It fixes a couple of small bugs with the new assignment logic, specifically the one that was preventing module renovation jobs from being completed (but probably all kinds of other weirdness.)

We also fixed the textile workshop.

Alianin and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

And I crashed it during saving.. ;) also got a script error..
    [​IMG]
    oh, added the autosave that happened when it crashed.. just 70 mb console file this time.

Attached Files:

3. Nicholas

Yep, same rendBuildingFootprint crash that we've seen before.

Since I can't reproduce it, I think the right way to fix it is just to rewrite a lot of the code which manages how building footprints are handled, as the damned thing is a huge mess (and maybe we can get rid of a few other bugs and things while we're in there.) However, I don't want to do that for next week's stable build, so I think we'll just plan on a rewrite for 40A.

4. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Would a previous save help? As I do have a bit of a fort way of building currently. Only want bandits/fishpeople to have 1 way in to my stockpile, resulting in buildings touching. and kitchen being buildt a bit irregular in shape.. and seeing it might be of help?

(PS, ill add a little suggestion for buildings/module construction here instead of a seperate post or thread, Could we get a size counter while putting down the floor? so its easier to get buildings in size you want X= number of blocks upwards Y= blocks to left (or rigth).
    Second a way to pause construction of building/module)?

5. Nicholas

Having said this, somebody just sent me a replay which produced the correct crash, while saving, right inside the game. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

6. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Think I just broke the game in a new way.. As I wanted to make some fish pies, I had previously (before save and load, put fish pies above pickle shrooms, autosave happened, played to next save that crash I reported earlier happened, and I loaded the previous save (whit fishpies above pickling) and noticed they still pickled, and job saying finishing product (or production), went to jobs list and cancelled the workshop job, everyone is stuck in place, its kind of a freze, but all ui is clickable and bringing up correct screen, except kitchen. I tried to choose save and quit, it did not do anything.
    Ehh, attaching console and replay, let me know if you want any other files.

Attached Files:

7. Finally, the colonists aren't moving in ticks when their number exceeds 30. At least one good thing.

8. Danl

Danl Member

I've been away for a little while and seem to have missed some changes to how mining works. Current game: no copper ore nearby. I built a mine which told me it would produce "clay, , clay" (it seems something was missing from the middle). It has since produced absolutely nothing, despite several switches to work crew. Nobody will go down there. I'm stuck for how I'm going to make brass components at the moment.

And whats with the naturalists going around telling what various ore nodes are? How's that helping? (PS if that does help, it needs to be with one of the notifications that lets you click to zoom to location, rather than just in the ticker)

9. The marker remains after you mine the surface nodes, so you know where to build a mine if you had a convenient surface node around.

As for missing things, I have a cult with no name. Like, literally: there are three cults and the middle one has a blank space for a name (also, can you take a look at the carpentry workshop neighboring the ceramics workshop? It appears to have stopped working, despite replacing work crews and clearing out job lists).

Attached Files:

10. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

You see I've been in the jungle in a cult with no name,
    It felt good to go mad in the rain.

berkstin likes this.
  11. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Still, it really isn't that useful. The player just has to remember where the surface nodules were and/or construct the mine before they're all exhausted. Not that difficult. Don't forget that the game outright tells you what the mine will produce when you order its construction; you could just cancel the construction job before any effort goes into it if you get a dry hole. The naturalist should be able to identify hidden deposits of minerals AND it should take significant effort to find them without him/her.

12. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah! I have a note to add hidden ore deposits ( OC-3455 ) to make naturalists more useful.

Cults with no name is fixed for 39E! (There was a logic hole when choosing a random cult theme if there was no particular inclination by the colonist in question.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.