REVISION 37C NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

UI
    • added job progress bars!
    • added Factions window!
    • FIXED: slowdown in jobs menu with lots of gabion jobs
    • workshop button removed from work crew job filters.
    • FIXED: pumpkin and cabbage stew icons! And yellowcup fungus bushel. And fixed some incorrect smelter icons.
    • added morale feedback to character panel (as it pertains to not fleeing from combat)
    • FIXED: starvation floaty icon will not remain over dead people
    • FIXED some module icon errors (which may have been breaking the ticker)
    • FIXED musket ingredients display
    • removing a farm now closes its control window if it was open
    • memories now use specified iconSkin strings (more icons possible for memories; this will also fix some problems with invisible memories)
    • added new Daniel Nametag Zoom System
    Engine/Renderer
    • added flag to executable that should (hopefully) automatically select NVIDIA cards on Multi GPU (Optimus) laptops
    • FIXED: invisible soldiers
    • FIXED: colonists ending up with 2, 3, 4 or more guns fused onto their hands
    • FIXED: beacon/gabion/etc. placers now show up again
    Jobs
    • work crew job filters now automatically flipped to "off" when a work crew is assigned to a workshop (except hauling). They can be manually re-enabled to allow work crews to work outside the workshop.
    • Naturalists will go to any explore beacons, no matter how far away they are
    • added Vicar job to deprogram cult members
    • gossip can no longer be interrupted for more gossip (should fix some of the weird socialization pileups)
    • butchering fishpeople creeps out most colonists
    • FIXED drop tool job can be interrupted
    • FIXED issues w/ gabion dismantling (and gabion construction & deconstruction now uses construction skill)
    • tools can now be despawned in-place via Magical Stowing rather than requiring walking to a drop position and performing full animation
    • farming: tweaked values for prioritizing the maintenance of existing plants over planting of new ones and removal of dead ones.
    • FIXED: issue in civilization calculation that caused erratic "return to civilization" behaviors
    Events/Cults/Bandits
    • added various means for cultists to decide to leave their cult
    • cleaned up cult leader death & selection (will end cult if no one is maddened enough to lead)
    • added event for bandit to defect to player's colony
    • new event: Hale and Hearty colonist overcomes affliction
    • new prestige favour: Food shipment
    • new event: Gain rewards for hitting certain population levels
    • added even to give 1 prestige a day for surviving
    • new event: doing paperwork reveals extra supplies that weren't recorded!
    • new event: commoners feel understood by sympathetic aristocrat
    • added music cues to events and nighttime
    ???
    • FIXED: Everyone now has a clear understanding of who owns what meat
    • sight radius is lowered at night
    • Naturalists get increased sight radius
    • added airship signalling mast to control airdrop position (only for supply drop right now)
    • added more character names
    • characters can have origin stories related to their traits and/or class (and added many new possibilities)
    • added dress version of "freak out" animation
    • people can tell what class of bed they are sleeping in, and have different memories depending on the quality of bed relative to their social class

2. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

Not sure if this was addressed -
    civilians vs dead fishpeople
    even if tagged for butchery, the citizens would pick the body up and move it to a different position
    and usually would place the body somewhere like in the middle of a farm :p however it did seem that the body did not interfere once placed away, just became a decoration. That being said, once the body was placed somewhere, it was no longer interactive. Perhaps a change to default butchering, or a delay of some kind so that if not messed with by player that it would then take it away.
    Maybe could create a graveyard (or ditch) for dumping the fishpeople that met their doom.
    (thought -- choice to put head on a spike, could line em up in front of the colony, like scarecrows, show what happens to those who mess with the almighty empire!) hehe

Farm vs fishpeople
    when farm attacked or fishperson dies and leaves their dagger laying, that portion of the farm becomes unusable. Have not seen any point where it is reclaimed. Speaking of,,, dagger and spiky bomb, choice of "clean terrain" or some such plz

bandits with stone armor. All of them I've come across thus far all run away and by time military reload their gun, they are back out of range.

speaking of that: first shot in military gun should already be loaded!

Much praise as to how much you all have accomplished since I started back in twenty something build. Many less crashes and many times of changing strategies along the way. This has been great seeing each new thing come around as well as the tweaks put in place on such a regular basis, always looking forward to what's around the next corner.

Thank you all
    Sethius

3. Unforked

Unforked Member

-When people gossip, you no longer see a talk bubble pop up, so you don't know what they're talking about at a glance.

-Love the faction screen! Very handy.

-Not a huge fan of the progress bars. They tend to clutter the screen quite a bit when you have multiple crews chopping, mining or gathering. It's a personal preference, but my eyes just keep getting drawn to those bars and it's fairly distracting.

4. Krentz

Krentz Member

I like the progress bars! Maybe an option to turn them off would be good.

5. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

The first two games I played crashed early on, possibly related to the carpenter's workshop (I've noticed the saw blade has been removed from the carpenter shop module selection, btw). I'll post the relevant files shortly.

6. rsdworker

rsdworker Member

i like it but i am not sure if the update has pushed to steam yet

7. Krentz

Krentz Member

So I have a problem that I'm pretty sure is only specific to me, but I figure I'd bring it up for the sake of visibility. I've been working around it for a while but it's getting to the point where it is causing me to avoid playing at times out of frustration.

I use my keyboard set to Dvorak mode, which means instead of using WASD to move the map, I would be using the .(period), A, O, and E keys - I can re-bind the camera move keys to these Dvorak keys and .(period), A, and O work just fine, but when I press E (the D key on a standard keyboard layout) the screen rotates once and then continues moving to the right forever. It's like it's doing two key commands at once: the screen rotate from the D key, and then getting stuck on the Move Right command. If this happens the game becomes unplayable and I have to quit.

In most games where I can't key-bind, I can just do control-shift as a Windows shortcut to change keyboard layout back to QWERTY. However, this command doesn't seem to pass through the game into Windows. The super-annoying workaround I have to do to play the game is change the default keyboard layout of Windows to QWERTY before starting the game, play my session, and then once I'm done change the default keyboard layout back to Dvorak.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure this only affects me at this point and it's probably not worth dev cycles to fix right now, but basically I'm wondering if there are plans any time soon to change the key binding options to include the rotate buttons as well, or to work better with nonstandard keyboard layouts. Maybe even just the option to bind the camera move keys to the arrow keys would solve my troubles. If it's going to be a while before you guys revisit the control options, I can just remind myself to change my default keyboard layout before I launch the game in the future.

8. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Specific feedback follows. But first:

sacrifice.gif bow.gif
    safety_dance.gif

Okay with those out of the way:

-I've noticed name tags pop up automatically when the camera is zoomed in enough - would it be possible to still allow players to disable name display (for, I dunno, movie-making purposes or something?)
    -I really like the progress bars for things like chopping wood and foraging
    -airship mast, yay! It's really nice, visually, to finally have a two-storey structure
    -the airship mast doesn't appear to be working:
    • the mast's resource cost isn't displayed anywhere
    • the mast disappears when loading a saved game that contains one
    • every crate drop I received (the food Favour, and a commemorative gold bar) ignored the mast and dropped at the old drop site
    -the +1 prestige / day for surviving is interesting, it certainly encourages spending prestige on favours, I'll reserve judgement until I can see how it affects balance
    -I had a couple of bandits leave their gangs to join my colony, both of which I accepted, which is very cool
    • bandit number one walked in from across the map, through unexplored darkness
    • bandit number two was actually the leader of a gang, so the gang picked a new leader
    -new food drop option on the Favour menu: it's good, it always felt like a logical thing that was missing previously
    -the icon for food on that menu is pretty low-res, though
    -nametags appear to decouple from colonists, occasionally
    -this is most visible at night in large-ish colonies with a house, where you can observe colonists without nametags, and vice versa

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  9. Malaras

Malaras Member

So i formatted my pc, i changed the launcher settings for windowed mode. Started the game resized window, now mouse cursor is off by allot. To where i can't play. And can't see none of the top menu's. I like to play at 1366x768 due to multi-tasking and such.

10. redchaostry

redchaostry Member

Crash while rotating camera to position doors on my carpentry workshop.

Attached Files:

11. Ok, I have some problems: my military force is completely useless and the updates in the notification window went a little crazy...

I encountered a wandering fishperson, and my military killed it. Then when another one came it started the old run-after-scared-colonists while I tried to say to my military "go kill him!". It didn't work... In the end the fishperson killed and butchered my colonists, then he started to run after my military that still did not open fire and run away. I converted all colonists to militia, still nothing... I didn't have the time to let all the colonists killed but it was an interesting idea nonetheless...

I had cultists from the beginnig so when a cult member changed the name of my kitchen workshop. The notification window just went crazy and gave me continuos notifications about the new ominuos name.

12. Wolg

Wolg Member

So... colonists wandering off to retrieve steaks at random is an aberration?

Attached Files:

13. No more bandits interactions? ;(

Attached Files:

14. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Noooooooo

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Okay, this one has been bugging me a bit. Once all my colonists are assigned to workshops, other assignments like mining and farming suddenly stop getting done unless I manually enable them, which seems unnecessary. They prioritized just fine in previous builds.

Now, whenever a group joins a workshop, I just immediately enable all jobs... which is kind of a pain.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  16. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Yeah, I can understand that. Keep in mind that we're slowly moving things over to a state where you want work crews to actually specialize in some type of work, so it will be beneficial to actually have a dedicated farming crew. Likewise, your more basic workshops are tasked with building the materials you need for your finished goods right now, but eventually you'll need that refinery going basically full-time in order to meet the needs of higher tier resources, and at that point getting them working toward higher levels in workshop use is the single most valuable thing they'll be able to spend their time doing.

If this isn't happening, we'll look into other ways to optimize this.

17. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

I haven't really been able to enjoy/explore the new build. The game inevitably crashes after the first 3-4 days. Probably due to some action I regularly perform in my games that others don't. Quite disheartening...

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Send me a DMP?

19. Unforked

Unforked Member

Fair enough, sounds like this is only a temporary increase in micromanagement. Right now, most jobs don't require anywhere near full-time attention, so they end up doing nothing unless you re-enable other jobs.

20. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Already have in the game crash bug thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.