REVISION 35D UP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

FIXES:

- save games not saving if a military unit is in the middle of a forced job
    - military units get stuck responding to alarm
    - script error: "comparing nil to a number"

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Military, how I have missed thee...

I know that colonists sleep with their eyes open, but perhaps their sight range while asleep should reduce to one or two tiles radius? I also observed a criminal vicar sleeping outside while standing up...

The session was brought to an untimely halt when I clicked a work group filter to disable farming, while they were farming.

Attached Files:

3. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Impressions:

Military no longer hobbled and fishpeople/bandits no longer godlike; they're almost as weak as they are in version 35 vanilla, but hopefully things will swing back towards greater challenge (but not excessively like last time).

I actually don't mind the increased costs for buildings since it forces you to slow down and develop your colony more organically. Increased yields on certain resources helps, too.

A couple of bugs:

ANY colonist has a chance of accepting a 'explore terrain' job. Even lower class and soldiers. I got a naturalist early on and decided to take advantage of her (err, that came out wrong) and set a couple of exploration makers around the colony. Imagine my surprise when three colonists started heading towards the points and sure enough they had the explore terrain job.

Artifact research still bugged and impossible, which was annoying since I found not one, not two, not three, but FOUR artifacts early on during my most recent colony. Very frustrating...

Apparently, while fishperson and bandit corpses no longer generate clawbulbs when they fall on farms (which I kind of think they should!) auroch corpses still do. This is a bug to my mind since I don't think slaughtered cow flesh should be corrupt.

aurochbulb.jpg

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is intended so you don't have to micro military rallies or civ job setting & cancelling to explore. Naturalists could use some more fleshing out to distinguish their role, for sure, and should prioritize exploration jobs.

Got this one fixed up today! ( https://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/r35d-error-when-attempting-to-study-artifacts.11696/ )

This is really weird! I just checked the scripts and it shouldn't be possible for this to happen -- animals have no mention of that call to corrupt corrupts, it's literally only fishpeople and cultists that can do that.

Is it possible a cultist or fishperson snuck in there?

(I also found a typo in the crop script while tracking this down, so: thank for you bringing this to my attention at least!)

5. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Nope. Maybe it's just a coincidence that clawbulb were planted exactly where the Auroch fell. Then again it was early in the colony's life and there had been no major incident or sign of cult activity (not even the warning/prompt).

6. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Stockpiles are still borked. It seems that whenever a commodity is produced/refined/constructed, colonists will preferably drop it off at the most recently established stockpile regardless of whether it's appropriate instead of, say, the closest stockpile that permits the good in question. Later on, idle colonists may transfer the misplaced commodity to a proper stockpile but that's uncommon.

stockpile.jpg

7. Le Manticore

Le Manticore Member

Game seems to just abruptly hang after about a day or two of game play. Haven't really noticed a pattern to it though its happened the last couple of play throughs

"Hang" is probably a better word than stuck because mouse and menus are still responsive but colonists just get stuck (looping walking animation but not walking forward, mining/ farming endlessly etc.). Same goes for main menu at this point: menu pops up but can't save or quit out.

Have attached stuff from latest play in case it helps!

Attached Files:

8. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

We're poking at it, thanks!

9. Nicholas

I cannot seem to reproduce the "hang", even after playing the game for about 3 hours (10 days, good colony, A++) Does anybody have a

10. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I've experienced the hang, I believe it's something that came in with 35C. The problem with reproducing it is that it's not a crash, and has to be shut down from the task manager, so there's no dump.

I'll play a long session and try saving every few minutes to see if I can get you a save file.

*edit* Okay, I played a long session (2+ hours, 10 days, 40 colonists) and I didn't get a hang either, sorry. I did get an unexpected crash, though, which I've posted to the crash thread.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  11. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Colonists continue to consume human flesh (and know unerringly where some is whenever a colonist is butchered far, far away) even when many, many alternative and more tasty options immediately present themselves. This screenshot was taken mere seconds after an act of cannibalism. Note the food stocks below.

flesh.jpg

12. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

I have a small question; is there any particular reason that the "planks" icon when building a building is different from the one used in commodity list and in the carpentry shop?

Can't seem to get anyone to butcher fishpeople, so I just have a million corpses around.

But my colonists seem to think that spineguns are food instead:

2015-02-17_00001.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  13. Alephred

Just an update on reproducing the hang - in sessions where I've saved just before a hang, I still can't reproduce it consistently - if I just let the session run without interference from me, sometimes it hands and sometimes it doesn't. My guess is that it has something to do with user input.

Here's a bunch of files from a hang, including the save. Note, however, that I was able to load the save afterward, and continued playing for quite a long time, so I don't know how useful it'll be.

Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5tdro6gkux0lfr2/AABSk9rE8jM67LgSsthXPlCua?dl=0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  14. Nicholas

... do you usually put beds in your workshops?

Rahbek23 likes this.
  15. Nicholas

Got the hang on my end. Easy to fix.

16. Alephred

When I'm building, I typically sprinkle one or two cots in each workshop I construct - colonists don't care where the beds are, and it lets me put off building an actual house for a long time, if not forever. Also, giving someone a cot beside the whirring power saw is awesome.

17. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

And may lead to the spontaneous invention of magic acts!

18. Nicholas

Illusions, Michael!

19. Samut

Samut Member

Agreed with Alephred's comments. Since colonies start with bolts of cloth, I find myself stashing a cot or two in workshops before getting around to building a dedicated sleeping quarters/flophouse.

If this collides with Gaslamp's vision, since sleep can now be interrupted by combat and explosions, perhaps that could be expanded to include objects with a <loud> tag, and then certain modules can be given such a tag when colonists start jobs with them (and then removed when they're done).

20. Nicholas

That would be very Dwarf Fortress-y.