REVISION 35B NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Wolg

Wolg Member

...The relative job utilities feel out of whack again... albeit expected during the current development phase.

2. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

I noticed that when you move doors they are put down at ground level instead of the elevated level of the building floor. Here's a door that have been moved vs a door that have not: 2015-02-08_00001.jpg

3. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Then you were more lucky than you know. Half the time when bandits attacked me they'd actually pause to fight back against soldiers who attacked them or simply harass fleeing citizens. While damage might be the issue (they also seem far, far less prone to flee now) the biggest problem is that bandits do not have to reload. This means they fire at twice the rate your men can. The devs are already working on incorporating reloading into bandits (and fishmen) so hopefully that will fix the balance issues. Of course, this means battle will be drawn out longer, which creates more bad memories. Again, I think raids should be less frequent but more deadly.

4. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

I really what is different, as I see them try to carry away stuff and die consistently. I didn't think about the reload thing though, that will probably be interesting to see how they stand as that is implemented.

5. Insanius

Insanius Member

I don't understand what it means when a soldier says (allies nearby)
    Is there a random chance that their weapon will cause friendly fire? It's annoying when I don't have enough blunderbusses to go around and my soldiers just sit there with pistols and inferior fish guns not shooting anything.

6. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

Allies nearby boost their morale, making them less prone to fleeing :)

7. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

I have tested the combat supplies yet again, but despite having brass ingots, bolts of cloth and gunpowder I still can't get my work crew to make any. They didn't seem to want to make landmines either, but it crashed not long after I had ordered those so maybe they were just slow.

8. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

It seems like the Arsenal has been bugged for a very long time in many different ways. First it's impossible to make gunpowder because every time you give the order it's cancelled the second you close the window. Then if you attempt to make gunpowder the game simply crashes. Then apparently you need a bolt of cloth to manufacture combat supplies even though this isn't indicated in the menu (probably a hold over from when it was ammunition). NOW workcrews apparently refuse to make combat supplies/landmines and it may even make the game crash.

9. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

Edit; I read your post wrongly. Removed my previous answer.

Yeah, indeed it has been bugged forever, I think it's simply because most games would crash before ever getting to produce meaningful stuff at the Arsenal. However with stability on the rise, those bugs begin to stick out more. I also get an endless amount of useless weapons as I have to ask for them at the supply drop event in order to get supplies....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for reporting, we're looking into this.

11. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

giving 2 thumbs down on the fog of war for explored areas. also fog is not effected by buildings. Line of site for people should at least be much further then 4x4, but I much prefer having sight for all area that has been explored. Can actually watch out for your villager's safety, instead of "oh there's 3 fishpeople in middle of village" before you can do anything about it.

Understand bandits random behavior interactions switching from military units to civilian or chasing an item, but
    the fishpeople aren't changing from civilian to military like before when they realize where the threat is more prevelant.

I don't mind being under more threat then before and having to keep an eye to every corner more often then 35a, but not with this fog of war/LOS setup. The reaction times of military do not coordinate well enough for the short span from discovering enemy to get to rally point. Only way is if you have your military constantly at a rally point, and just hope they aren't all off taking a nap at the same time.

4 thumbs down for way supplies and immigrants screen pops up in middle of screen. No less the 3 times accidental clicking on something random instead of getting more then a split second to realize something was there. The pop up button on right with chat screen announcement worked, Please fall back on this feature.

will give 2 thumbs up on things like time it takes to build gabions and clear terrain.

Would like to be able to dictate where the supply drops LAND. Maybe something in military to build a flagpole to signify where you would like your crates to fall.

as someone put before, gabions can't be dismantled, and farms don't "stop farming"
    guess that's it for the moment

Sethius

12. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

LOS should be double and also extend to buildings(but not be as big with civilians)

13. Wolg

Wolg Member

Disagree with buildings creating sight; the RTS genre conceit is typically that such buildings are occupied. When there is nobody there to look out, they should stay dark.

Extending sight range is another matter. In particular, it feels off with respect to military target acquisition distance, which is compounded by the effects of the utility values at present. Also, it feels like the fog is not being properly cleared in some situations, leaving pac-man shaped visible areas around some colonists when standing still or walking into previously revealed areas (I'll try and get screenshots of this). Perhaps take a leaf from Warcraft 3; keep the current sight range for night time and extend it during daylight. Or have building modules that provide illumination influence the fog...

(A possible extension for the fog, when it's working as intended, might be for colonists Up To No Good to temporarily stop providing visibility while performing Nefarious Deeds, then resume normal sight once they return to civilisation, or get interrupted by some horror or other and panic.)

14. Krentz

Krentz Member

Oooh I really like the idea of sight range changing based on night/day

15. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Agreed. Night/Day should have a LOS effect. Also, building lights on buildings should increase it locally at night, in case that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere.

16. Insanius

Insanius Member

Does building light fixtures do anything at this point?
    Also protip, look for magic floating armaments in the fog, even if you can't see the enemy you'll see their weapons.

17. Samut

Samut Member

Gaslamp, will we have more than a day or two to test Rev 35C before 36 is released? Last month they were about two days apart - and during the work week, which cut down on how much troubleshooting many players could get done.

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

35C is up now. I'm just about to make that post.

Samut likes this.
  19. Samut

Samut Member

That's good customer service!