REVISION 34B NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

FIXED: sudden lag when placing buildings or creating modules.
    FIXED: civilization maps now computed correctly
    added loading screen.
    Q and E now rotate the camera left and right
    SHIFT-Click now places multiple modules at once.
    FIXED: soldiers now actually move to rally beacons
    All work crew filters are disabled when a unit becomes conscripted. Filters are then reset to the default when conscripting a unit.
    Ownership: objects can now be marked (internally) as being "owned" or "not owned" by a player ( or other group, i.e. bandits )
    added sounds to airdrop crate
    added Zzz particles to sleeping
    renamed some modules to show clear progression of materials ( eg. stone oven -> iron oven )
    added bamboo farming (for timber)
    balance: immigration and favour events fire less often
    FIXED: bamboo (in the wild) wasn't using "small" variation
    FIXED: colonists no longer believe that raw coconuts are a cooked food
    balance: removed starting naturalist (you must earn one via favour)
    removed extra pouches from the Scientist models (with apologies to Rob Liefeld)
    FIXED: starvation was checking a value 10x what it should have been
    FIXED: typo in "Make Gunpowder" job
    FIXED: we now check whether we are in the same connected component (or not) as items when using them to fill gameSimRequireGameObject requests (this helps fix the case where individual units go nuts not being able to get to materials)
    FIXED: Doors now render 1OU above the building footprint as ghosts, so they won't clip through the building any more.
    balance: added more timber to tropical biome
    added module damage: after module is used some number of times it becomes damaged and requires repair using a random material used to build the module
    soldiers do pushups
    supply drop event will no longer inform you that you've requested zero items when you forgo a supply drop
    starting supplies now drop from the sky (look out!)
    balance: made animals less hungry on gamestart
    balance: made colonists less hungry on gamestart (unless they're criminals)
    dust particles effects made more dusty
    FIXED: "forage due to starvation" job wasn't triggering

Alephred, S.H. Miller, Samut and 3 others like this.
  2. Samut

Samut Member

Only my NCO would hunt, not the soldiers. Also, every time she hunted, she would switch targets after every shot, even if she had to run back and forth across the colony to do so. The Aurochs were unimpressed.

Choosing Naturalist on the favours menu gave me an Artisan instead. Unless I hit the wrong button because it's late - did anyone else get an Artisan instead?

Fishy idols are suitably creepy. Well done. I knew that dirt looked suspicious.

3. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

A few annoying issues, such as the NCO who let a fishperson beat her to death as she calmly carried a stack of logs back to the stockpile and a general lack of responsiveness of soldiers to threats compared to previous builds, but the game feels much, much smoother now overall.

4. Wolg

Wolg Member

I think the fishperson adults near a clutch of eggs must have killed a beetle, well under the black mask. Fair enough.

As soon as I had built a food stockpile, despite there being a few lingonberry baskets nearby to haul, the entire military wandered off to the coast to retrieve the beetle steaks and ran straight into the fishy breeding grounds. The result was... not pretty for either side.

5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I just had to chime in here - almost precisely the same thing happened to me when I fired up a new r34b session: I'd built a Carpentry Workshop, had a Kitchen under construction, but I hadn't started any foraging at all. I noticed a small trickle of my Colonists wander out into the wilds, so I panned the map over to see what they were doing, and I found a larger trickle of Colonists returning with arms full of Giant Beetle meat, and a large explored area at the water's edge, near a clutch of Caviar.

I had no notifications of Fishman encounters or ongoing fighting, and there were no actual Fishmen or Beetles to be seen

While it's cool that your colonists might conceivably be able to scavenge stuff from NPC in-fighting, it seems a bit weird that they knew where this distant pile of meat was, hidden deep in the fog of war.

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

Sounds like the new ownership markers aren't being correctly applied in all cases?

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Ownership is still being retrofitted.

8. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

( I've logged all the errors reported above plus a few more as OC-2659 through OC-2667 )

9. dbaumgart

Issues with hunting/military/hauling should be fixed for the next version.

(The problem was that min/max utility got added in as part of an effort to overhaul all job utilities, but we realized that rebalancing and cleaning up jobs would be a far bigger project than anticipating so we're pushing it back in the schedule. This is fine, but some odds and ends of that effort stayed in the build version without getting rebalanced, thus the job weirdness in 34A and 34B.)

The naturalist favour spawn event was calling the script to create an artisan; oops! (and now fixed)

10. Tarod

Tarod Member

I've had that a lot. They don't fight unless rallied to right next t an enemy and sometimes they just wander off.

11. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Two other issues. First, vicars no longer preach in the chapel even if all other tasks (i.e. everything but workshop jobs) are shut off and colonists no longer imbibe alcohol (or do so very, very, very rarely; I couldn't tell).

12. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

soldier used to fight threats much faster in previous builds

now they're stuck busy hauling stuff before they go and defend people, i believe they used to interrupt their current task to attack as fast as possible

13. dbaumgart

Ah, so upon some discussion here it appears that the other half of the jobs problems and combat failures is caused by jobs simply not interrupting each other, ever eg. Return Goods To Stockpile will never be interrupted by Run The Heck Away From That Fishperson ... unless they have a new flag set ... which hasn't been propagated to the jobs database. (This is why we call it an "experimental" version.)

Anyway, I'm going to put this flag in the appropriate jobs today and we'll get this sorted out.

14. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

Thank you - the last two experimentals have been such a downgrade from rev34 that was really good barring a few smaller issues. I know it's experimental and all, but I got sad when my game was broken :(

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  15. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

excellen :)