REVISION 34A NOW UP IN THE EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Right. Holidays are over! BACK AT IT.

enabled minima for utility calculations for most character jobs (This may change job behavior quite a bit while we sift through it.)
    Added new internal tool for balancing job requirements and utilities (this is super cool for us and will ultimately mean a better-balanced game experience for you).
    Added new flag to require_gameobject for "just use the closest thing already, and don't try to muck about with utilities"
    Added new code to handle interrupts with a whitelist, so that we aren't constantly evaluating things (in english: performance should potentially be improved)
    Fix-up pass through particle effects
    Clicking workshop icons in workshop window now zooms to workshop location
    FIXED: work crew panel slowdown, take II
    FIXED: "not enough logs to build gabions despite having lots of logs" bug
    FIXED: colonist panel slowdown
    FIXED: disappearing hair bug
    FIXED: Slowdown with large numbers of characters testing for interrupts, caused by round trips to and from Lua system code
    FIXED: save game crash caused by having dirty objects in the rendInteractiveObjectClassHandler cleanup list when you save (we think)
    FIXED: building grid disappears when switching between two building types
    FIXED: "Show all commodities" filter now toggles to "Hide All Commodities" as well
    FIXED: UI gets cut off in work party menu switching from all workers to military sometimes
    FIXED: added "walls down" building display mode
    FIXED: current building display mode now apply to newly created buildings
    balance: reduced clumping of ore nodes in certain jungle biome
    some cleanup of character hair models & model defs (more varieties of hair should show up)
    unique macroscope use animations added
    FIXED: de-assigned science workers wouldn't give up their uniforms
    FIXED: some incorrect icons for eating human flesh
    FIXED: hunger no longer goes negative after character eats when not very hungry
    FIXED: colonists would beat up dead bandits, calling it a "melee counterattack"

Samut and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. The fishpeople keep killing chickens. Somehow my people know this and head straight for this- right into a nest of those Aquatic bastards. I could probably live with this except my soldiers WILL. NOT. RALLY. So, dead colonists, no way to protect them.

3. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

jeezes, now its like the soldiers are no longer fighting anymore, too busy hauling shit

4. Nicholas

Interestingly, this is the exact opposite of the changes Daniel made to the utility functions. That's why it's an experimental build, I guess. (We reweighted everything to try and eliminate a lot of "weird" behaviours, but clearly we just busted this one.)

We'll look into it.

5. I tried cranking the utility up, but that had no effect on rallying.
    If you comment out line 107 of jobs.xml, reload and set a rally point, it crashes pretty quickly
    Error: string "FSM Support"]:204:bad input beacon_location for job Rally (run) [Update | citizen]

Is the beacon actually getting created?

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

It appears that naturalists are stuck in the "explore" behavior. That's all they do.

7. Nicholas

Do they eat?

8. Unforked

Unforked Member

Not sure, I'll start another game and follow one around as long as possible.

9. Unforked

Unforked Member

Ok, confirmed that they do eat and sleep, but they only explore beyond that. They can get really far from the main colony before they finally turn back.

10. Wolg

Wolg Member

First impression in a new game, stockpile logic looks wonky compared to previously. Filters don't seem to be respected by certain jobs, such as dropping tools/weapons or the outputs of kitchen ovens.

The kitchen in particular is sending outputs to the (with an unrotated view) top right edge of stockpiles rather than nearest available spot -- and if more than one stockpile is designated, oven-produced products go to the most recently created stockpile, regardless of filters and distance. The carpentry workshop's plank output seemed to behave as it did before.

Also noticeable, colonists pausing every time they walked into a new space. This seemed more noticeable while the building grid was up, but I haven't looked into it closely yet.

11. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

My soldiers are nigh useless pls fix :(

12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Nicholas said he was working on this in another thread, so expect that to be in another patch soon.

13. Nicholas

Can confirm that soldiers were broken when moving to a rally point; can confirm that they should be fixed.