REVISION 33C NOW UP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

A hotfix for the previous build, Revision 33B, is now up on Steam.

FIXES:

- Mac build works again.
    - FIXED: Crash opening a church
    - FIXED: cannibalism butchery not triggering due to hunger requirement.

2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

So selecting the chapel no longer crashes the game, but it is no longer possible to assign a Work Crew there, and so there are no Vicars - it's possible to assign a crew in the drop-down box, but your selection is not retained.

3. Java Joe

Java Joe Member

Yep, and for whatever reason I am starting to get some random unexplained game crashes. No crash log, but I can't even get to the point of building a chapel before it crashes.

Have Fun :)!

4. Ecte

Ecte Member

I too get the crashes on Mac OS X Yosemite. I do get a crash log.

5. maurizio

maurizio Member

I think I havehad a crashwhen clickingona skeleton

6. maurizio

maurizio Member

I think I have had a crash when I clicked on a skeleton

7. maurizio

maurizio Member

I think I have had a crash whenI clicked on a skeleton

8. Nicholas

Are all the people crashing doing so on OS X? Please let me know what platforms things are on.

9. Java Joe

Java Joe Member

Windows 8.0 here Nicholas.

Have fun :)!

10. Nicholas

It *may* be related to skeletons not having hair.

Turbo164 likes this.
  11. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

Can confirm, used to dig them up as part of my day job.

12. Ecte

Ecte Member

My copy crashed after a while too, on Mac OS X Yosemite.

13. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

What? Skeletons? Hair? I'm so confused.

14. Nick Thompson

Nick Thompson Member

aye OSX crash on Yosemite with nvidia 750m

15. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

Skeletons. Typically with a conspicuous absence of hair! Although there was this one that was quite reasonably well coiffed.

16. Wolg

Wolg Member

I seem to have fixed the lack of arriving vicars in my local 33c.

have-vicar-1.jpg

Military Training? Guess they weren't kidding about Fightin' Vicars...

...Maddened Intellectual?

...oh great, she's a cultist.

oh-great-vicar-is-a-cultist-1.jpg

Given the current time here (and how long it is since I last slept) unless someone at Gaslamp says it's already fixed, I'll post the file mods tomorrow.

17. Are Bandit Camps supposed to turn up items you can't produce? In a Temperate biome game, I found Rum and Chicha in one, and a Revolver (!) in another. I couldn't get any of my soldiers to use it (you know how it is, if it's too far away from town they'll never pick it up) so I wasn't able to tell whether it was functional or not and if it was as awesome as the tooltip suggested. ("Its capacity should be more than enough to kill anything that moves," indeed!)

Otherwise: Everything's fine, with the exception of the trouble with assigning a vicar to chapels! (It's funny, actually: my chapel became a hotbed of cult activity without a Vicar, and Wolg's became one with a Vicar. Cog moves in mysterious ways, I guess.)

18. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yup! Because it's Fun.

We turned the vicar arrival event off intentionally because you can assign vicars to chapels manually. Or, er, you will be able to once this is fixed again ...

19. Fun?! Well, you see, it damages my verisimilitude to suggest that bandits might have better arms manufacturing than the Empire! I'm incredulous that such a thing could be suggested! And how could rum exist in the temperate biome if you can't produce the precursor plants there? Do the bandits have their own shipping network? Preposterous! They're highwaymen, they have no understanding of colonial logistics!!
    \
    :mad:

Just kidding! Fun is good.
    I thought it was a neat touch, just wanted to make sure it wasn't dumping buggy objects into the game world that might crash it or something. I like that you guys err on the side of fun.

20. Wolg

Wolg Member

Ah, I must have missed this in the changelogs, I only caught the report they were no longer arriving. Carry on, sirs.

(Edit: having played a bit more with these modified events... Frontier Justice will continue until vicarage cult levels decrease.)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014