REVISION 32A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

What? Who?!

This is a bunch of small fixes and crash fixes. Also, apparently, pies.

• FIXED: crash writing empty string to console
    • FIXED: crash when a camera target is deleted
    • FIXED: crash when a module is interrupted at precisely the last second of construction (this somehow managed to affect three people)
    • FIXED: combo box now has correct behaviour in workshop menu
    • FIXED: jobs are now correctly deleted from a very large internal table when they are aborted
    • FIXED: removed unnecessary sqrt() from Proximity Query code for aurochs
    • FIXED: potential errors in fishperson_attack_ranged.fsm (where it checks if target is dead)
    • FIXED: potential errors in harvest.fsm
    • FIXED: Obeliskians use correct "run" animation
    • FIXED: possible scriptError when fishperson attempts to shoot dead target
    • added pies & piemaking jobs
    • added (placeholder?) NCO replacement event
    • added upper class death prestige loss
    • balance: lowered obeliskian hitpoints to 2/3rds previous value
    • fishpeople and animals can interrupt jobs at 1s intervals
    • added icon to hover over frontier justiced colonists
    • added checks for potential scriptError in citizen.go (in makeFriendText w/ invalid friend gameobject)
    • balance: combat job rebalancing and fixes (Thanks Samut, you're a madman! In the best way.)
    • added additional error-checking to fishperson_butcher.fsm
    • balance: decreased effect of hunger on "eat food" (as it would easily exceed "run away from murderous fishpeople")
    • balance: increased utility of picking up bullets (soldiers would do literally anything but pick up bullets if there was anything else to do)
    • stop. added new hammer sounds
    • added landmine emote to fishpeople when they become scared of landmines
    • slightly increased landmine damage
    • added a little more randomness to flee target position
    • made fishperson try to get slightly closer to target before using fishgun
    • spelling fix: "ruins" -> "runes"
    • MOB JUSTICE! (civilians may join in on Frontier Justice if they have certain traits.)
    • smelting, distilling, and ceramics jobs now use the queued processing thing
    • added some new animal behaviours, mostly involving running away from stuff

2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Pies!

*pushes up bridge of glasses*

To the wiki!

*swoosh of cape*

zetjester, Viion and S.H. Miller like this.
  3. Awesome! Just a heads up, in the release notes email the changelog is labeled as revision 31D.

4. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

Initial thoughts, seems nicely stable so far. I've noticed a brief motion hitch every 1.5 or so seconds, where there's a faint pause in everyone on screen. Their animations don't noticeably change that I've observed, but they stop moving forward briefly.

Also my soldiers all appear to be involuntary teetotalers. Everyone else is partaking quite happily of the booze, however the soldiers get the 'Drink Beverage Job,' walk up to the beverage in question, and stare at it morosely. Eventually they wallow in misery and go do something else. At one point this was occurring when fish men attacked, and the non-beer-stare soldiers engaged in combat, while the beer-staring soldiers continued to stare fixedly for some seconds, then calmly walked past attacking fishmen to retrieve objects for the stockpile.

Edit: Saved and loaded my game. Now it appears the entire community has become a dry county, so it may not be a soldier specific issue.

Edit Edit: I'm pretty sure Nicholas responded to me within the span of time it took the window to load after I posted my message. I am unconvinced he is not Skynet.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Viion likes this.
  5. Nicholas

Yeah, the motion hitch seems to be something new. I'm looking into it.

6. Samut

Samut Member

This all sounds fantastic. Can't wait to try it out. And thanks for the shout-out; I hope my suggestions help.

7. Nicholas

Not a robot, merely doing the forum rounds. FWIW, I'm taking a few days off (for the first time since I think we started this thing!), so I'll be back Monday.

8. Samut

Samut Member

Okay, a few notes after trying out a colony in the Tropical biome.

• Man, I really hate that soldiers pick up and use fish guns. It looks ridiculous, and they inherit the goofy logic for shooting with these things, which means they stutter-step up to their target and then stop, without firing. Only if someone runs towards them do they fire.
    • My Kitchen in New Sogwood didn't have an option for making pies. NO PIE! PIE, WHY HAST THOU FORSAKEN ME?
    And don't give me that 'there aren't any berries' stuff. Shoofly pie is just Molasses pie, after all. And if the problem is that there's no wheat for dough, there's chess pie, made with cornmeal. Also: PIE.​
    • Soldiers seem a little better in combat, but honestly, the fish guns kept throwing off any progress they would otherwise have been making. I had to use rally beacons to send soldiers with actual guns off to rescue their idiot fish gun-using comrades.
    As always, great to see another rev, and once again it feels closer to the target of a stable, playable game. I look forward to kicking the tires some more while the devs recharge.

Viion likes this.
  9. Viion

Viion Member

Huh? So that's actually a thing? I experienced it in 32 but that was after playing for a while and messing about a bit so I thought it was just a memory leak or something or other.

Looking forward to testing the new rev. and reaping the benefits of Samut kicking the crap out of said tires :-D

Happy vactaion and let's hope it's not to a beach somewhere. We know what awaits there ;-)

zetjester likes this.
  10. Wolg

Wolg Member

Say Nicholas, if it isn't too much overhead, might we be able to have OC-* numbers in the changelogs, where fixes are tied to a tracker issue quoted in these forums?

11. [​IMG] Huzzah for another Revision!

12. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

So I have been playing a bit on 32a and it seems pretty good except for the aforementioned hitch all the time. I also run into these 2 things.

1) Funky soldier. My old NCO died to I promoted some overseer and moved my soldiers there. One of them didn't go as planned.

[​IMG]

2) Well the pies don't take shit from nobody and will go where they please.

[​IMG]

Thilorian likes this.
  13. Wolg

Wolg Member

This still feels a bit prone to creating doomed lone runners. Lost an overseer and would have lost two soldiers without rallying support to intercept...

(On r32 initial I used just Samut's lowering of the base retreat utility, and soldiers suddenly became effective, but by itself it was probably not idea; the behaviour from before was reversed, with fish people being prodded away slowly by bayonet pokings! I think I'll validate my install before testing further.)

14. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah, that particular aspect of character behaviour has not yet been addressed. It's on my plate to look into some of this sort of thing in this next month.

15. Mizkoukla

Mizkoukla Member

I love how a bunch of bug fixes happened in 32, but Im still getting a drop item error and this creates a problem as no one can put anything down. :( Saddest Miz ever! Also experiencing a bit of lag where they walk, pause, and then keep walking. A couple of times and this wouldnt be an issue... but its continuous. I dont think its my system. Ive had this problem on and off, and Im wondering if its just the game still being worked on thats causing scripts to run slowly. This happens often when I am in a script heavy area in Secondlife, so it could be that. Also seeing an error when clearing terrain (so Ive basically stopped doing it) where the job is complete, but the little cancel job flag is visible though clicking it does nothing.

Cant wait for the next update! :D

Attached Files:

16. Chri

Chri Member

Doing great so far, at least the colonist are now smart euough to collect SOME of the forage.

Also, i don't think this is supposed to happen:
    [​IMG]

17. Mizkoukla

Mizkoukla Member

So hmm... Dont think this is supposed to happen... Been waiting for them to attack... but they are kinda just standing there. Also a cannot walk to error of some sort. My people occasionally will not walk to a job, but will stand where they are and perform it anyway. Mining for example. They stood in the middle of the stockpile area and the mining animation played, the rocks disappeared and the ore came up, but they didnt move the whole time. Same thing happened when I built my Ceramics workshop. Very very strange.

Edit: Attempting to restart and see what that does. Will post again as changes occur. No Fishpeople raid.png

Attached Files:

18. Mizkoukla

Mizkoukla Member

Alright, so I got face beaten by Fishpeople and then it crashed before I could save it. It did unstick the fishpeople, and they took over hardcore. Lets see how the next revision goes.