REVISION 31E UP IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's up! Let us know if anything explodes before, uh, tomorrow around noon-ish, PST.

The major change which is useful here is that you can now have kitchen jobs that let people walk away from them. Building more ovens than the size of your work crew is useful!

Alephred and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I just logged in to post a 31D bug report.

*shakes fist*

Here's my first impression of [r31E], no AZDO, Temperate Biome.

-generally running very smoothly now, a bit hard-pressed to find bugs
    -minor issues, like 'Flatten Terrain' beacons sometimes clearing, and sometimes not
    -loading bays are back, baby!
    -it would appear module construction is once more a sub-job of workshop construction, reducing Job spam

Colonist Productivity
    -workshop assignments!
    -leaving unneeded workshops unassigned is a huge help
    -a pleasant side effect is that more folks are available for spontaneous assignments like hauling and farming
    -as noted above, allowing cooks to interleave (interlace?) stove use and hauling is amazing, food production efficiency is way up
    -overall productivity is much improved, with the general effect that projects can be completed more quickly, and less colonist work time is wasted on things like waiting for other things to be hauled

-save options are a nice touch (but 'Save & Quit' crashed my client - I've submitted it in the appropriate thread)
    -a very nice improvement over the previous revision, nothing obviously broken aside from that one thing

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  3. Wolg

Wolg Member

...just as unattended crops spoil, can unattended cooking jobs burn?

(Hmm, perhaps a unit of charcoal should be the output...)

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We considered this, but vaguely decided that (for now) it would be too annoying.

5. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Yeah, these things are only okay as long as the player has to do something wrong (or something needs to go seriously wrong with your workers) for it to happen. Punishing players for their characters not managing their tasks well enough sucks =/

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

You might want to double-check how this is being done -- I'm currently watching three colonists simultaneously cook cabbage stew on the same, single oven.

While Her Majesty would no doubt approve of such Efficiency, it does hint at a bending of certain Established Concepts of Time and Space and is suggestive of Invisible Geometer Influence.

Viion likes this.
  7. mrclint

mrclint Member

I think they are just very effective.
    I often use the oven for things like pommes frites and long pork at the same time.

zetjester likes this.