REVISION 31 UP: CONSCRIPT STEELCOG VERSUS THE MURDERCULT

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

2. City Builder

City Builder Member

What does this mean:
    • First pass at almost-zero draw overhead (AZDO) pass (requires config file opt-in)

3. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

4. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

re: AZDO

The Devs have implemented some driver optimisations which are intended to improve performance. They're currently a bit buggy, which is why it's not on by default. If you want to give it a try anyway, here are the steps:

1) Go to C:\Users\[Your Name]\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Clockwork Empires
    2) Open up config.xml in a raw text editor, like Notepad.exe
    3) Find <entry key="azdo" type="int" value="0" />
    4) Carefully change it to <entry key="azdo" type="int" value="1" />
    5) Save and close the file.

You can change it back by changing that 1 back to a 0. You will (hopefully) notice that the game takes longer to load, but runs faster, and at a higher framerate. There are also some graphical glitches, because it's not done yet.

5. Zaygr

Zaygr Member

You can't renovate anymore? I apologise if this has been brought up before, but I seem to have missed 2 or so versions and I can't find anything in the changelog about renovations.

6. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

They've disabled it for the time being due to outstanding issues, but it will return new and improved.

7. Ghin

Ghin Member

[​IMG]

GhooOOOOooost ooooOOOOoooovens! There must be a cult at work in my colony.

8. Nolan

Nolan Member

Fantastic! I look forward to these updates, will definitely give it a go this weekend. Keep up the good work.

9. Wolg

Wolg Member

Anyone could be a cultist. Follow the example of Gigeon Brazenwhistle and sleep with one eye open at all times.

IMG_20140919_141158.jpg

Moonblink and EleSigma like this.