REVISION 30F UP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Viion

Viion Member

Soooo... these are the responses I'm going to...eh...have to look forward to? Right.... "MEN! TO ARMS!"

2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I'm personally finding the varied distribution of resources (good wood is scarce, foragables are more abundant, minerals are rare, etc.) are changing up my early game in a good way - I'm having to change my standard build order and priorities to keep everyone alive and fed. Plus, the terrain is less hilly, there are coconuts, but no wheat, and there are Giant Beetles!

I don't know how my Colonists are going to feel about tucking into some Giant Beetle steak, medium rare.

3. Viion

Viion Member

What is this "medium rare" you are talking about?

We'll see how much chilli, coconuts and sugar cane I'll be able to farm before I get overrun. I do love the new way point system where each squad has his own patrol marker. Only thing lacking now is a hotkey for selecting squad (you know, ctrl-1 makes 1 select that squad etc) and then a hotkey for setting patrol point. Oh, and a way to mouse over the marker to see identifier of squad as a tool tip (mouse over the marker and get some kind of "The 157th Glorious Fusiliers" message)

4. Viion

Viion Member

Hmmm... still no crash as such, but I got spammed by "expected type string for parameter 3 sending system message odinRenderCharacterPickupItemMessage" so I ended up quitting the colony. Not sure if it's the dropped fishmen weapons, but I don't think so since I actually have no active stockpile.

Oh, I got both parameter 2 and 3

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I think I fixed this one earlier. Just in case, though, can you fire me a replay?

6. Viion

Viion Member

Sure, there is no crash log though so I'll send the replay and zipped console (just in case)

Attached Files:

7. Viion

Viion Member

Woops... sorry.... probably should have sent it in the thread for stuff like this. My bad... I'm a zombie today and there isn't enough coff...eh... tea in the empire to wake me up.

EDIT: Reposted in crash thread and reupped the files there.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  8. Akuma

Akuma Member

Woo, friendship. Although no one seems to be able to make friends yet in this arid and dangerous new land. Probably related to the constant threat of death.

9. Wolg

Wolg Member

They can actually, provided said friend is themselves. ;)

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen a hematite node spawn in the jungle biome? (Three games and I haven't seen one within shrieking distance of the start site...)

10. Alephred

I haven't seen one in my two sessions, although I have found copper, chalk, sulfur, and gold. I had to get my iron parts airdropped randomly.

11. Andouce

Andouce Member

Whaaaat? :D I never noticed this at all hehe

12. Alephred

I'll bet we all sounded like we were going crazy, talking about our coconuts, and our Giant Beetles, and our palm trees.

Viion likes this.
  13. Andouce

Andouce Member

Damned right. Just played and was like very nice. I like the entire new atmosphere and environment. I think the beetles should attack you if provoked like haha. They look way to mean to be like wandering cattle xD

14. Leichhardt

Leichhardt Member

The issue I have - the Carpentry Shop completes with Benches and Saws, but I can NOT get them to make planks in the new Jungle Bio. In spite of having 30+ Logs available.

15. I tried saving the game in the jungle biome and it froze then crashed, the new biome is pretty interesting though!

16. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Post files in the crash thread please!

17. Samut

Samut Member

I was trying last night to figure out how to get the Giant Beetles to fight back when attacked (a request from my eight year old son as soon he saw them); no luck so far. I did manage to give them armor (just adding a tag in animals.edb; it's already in the combat script) and beefed up how much damage they can take. If I wait until there's a swarm of them before turning on hunting jobs, it's hilarious to see the colonists just blasting and blasting away before these things keel over. 2014-09-15_00020.jpg

But getting them to attack, however (or do anything else) - that I haven't figured out yet.

Viion likes this.
  18. Alephred

I would love to see a gigantic, nigh-indestructible beetle calmly grazing on my cabbage patch while my starving colonists desperately grab guns and pitchforks because that's their only food source until the next airship drop.

I've put this into a thread in the Suggestion sub-forum.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    Andouce likes this.