REVISION 30F UP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

You can now grab Revision 30F from the Experimental Branch. It features a very visible new feature we would like to see tested before next week's push to the main branch - a jungle biome!

2. Darekada

Darekada Member

Oh no, had started a game just before the new version was out.

Will report back as soon as it crashes! Might be long, it`s getting pretty stable... (which is good!)

3. Darekada

Darekada Member

For those who are wondering, the soldier rally button is now in the work crew dialog, and can be set by crews. Great improvement!

Now if we could only be able to drag it after setting it *wink, wink*

4. Andouce

Andouce Member

Keep up the good work guys. Will have a quick peak. Will check it out more in depth later on. Build 31 will defo be significant for all those who haven't even tested the previous sub builds :D

5. Nicholas

What would dragging it do?

6. Andouce

Andouce Member

I am going to take a wild guess here and say he means that if once we have placed the point. Instead of having to set it up again or remove and then place again, we could simply drag it and place to a new area of our choosing.

In instances where the fishpeople decide to go away from our rally and we have to re-deploy our positions :D Or is our Officers misjudge where to send our men etc etc :p

I think it would be cool to have that in place if that is ofc assuming what he meant :S

7. Darekada

Darekada Member

Dragging it (maybe coz I'm lazy) would save me the opening work crew, scrolling to or selecting military squads only, figuring out which squad's way point it is (if there is many), and then clicking the rally button.

I think an easier way to implement that idea would be to have a "move rally point" option in the context menu of the point itself, which would achieve the same shortcut.

And being able to select a rally point with a drag box would also make it easier, especially when it's inadvertently set among objects like trees and such.

I should really have put that in the design suggestion thread but I just had this idea :).

Now on I'm my way to upload a game freeze that might have something to do with workers getting into a loop...

Keep up the good work Gaslamp!

*edited for typo

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Andouce likes this.
  8. Andouce

Andouce Member

Practically answered at the exact same time haha. How did you know I was here and likewise to myself :D

9. Nicholas

BTW, has nobody noticed the second embark site? Maybe we need to make it more obvious. You can click on the second embark icon on the map to visit New Sogwood.

10. It's looking pretty cool so far. The only thing I'm slightly confused by is that beetles drop raw steak.

11. Samut

Samut Member

The Jungle biome is cool looking but very difficult. Making two of the four available crops produce nothing worth eating seems pretty harsh at this point.

12. Necroscourge

Necroscourge Member

I do however like how fungus is amazingly abundant, meaning you can get pickling like a boss. Curry however since it needs two ingredients needs to be a much more filling foodstuff.

13. Darekada

Darekada Member

Isn't the map full of fungus and fowls? Can't imagine running out of food (or wood for that matter) in that biome. Why would it be harsh if we are not forced to choose those crops you are talking about?

14. Samut

Samut Member

The fungus seems to come back very slowly. I know now not to bother with any crops but Maize & Chilies, but didn't the first time around. This is just from one play through into day 15, so perhaps it will be easier with more experience.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  15. Necroscourge

Necroscourge Member

Maize has no real purpose yet, Sugarcane however can be turned into Rum, Molasses, and other useful stuff.

16. Samut

Samut Member

Oh, and the threshold for fishperson raiders was reduced from 4 points of fishanger (over 20) for each additional raider (over the standard 3) to 1 point per extra raider in the new biome. On day 14 I got hit, and although I accidentally right-clicked and didn't see the exact total, this is what it looked like.

2014-09-14_00007.jpg

There were some more raiders to the South, as well.

Those two death notices in the event window were all but instant - the raiders appeared around those two colonists and killed them in moments. I think you can just make out their remains.

Viion likes this.
  17. Viion

Viion Member

No crash so far, but I did get a "CorruptCrop" error message. And I have some kind of ghost carpentry shop. That is, I scheduled the construction of the carpentry shop and it's workbenches, but even though the workbenches never got built they are still able to use them to make planks. Not sure what to file that under :)
    224740_2014-09-15_00002.jpg 224740_2014-09-15_00001.jpg

18. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

What you're saying is, they travel in schools now.

Stuthulhu and Viion like this.
  19. Viion

Viion Member

Oooh, nasty!
    Btw did you tweak the numbers yourself? Would it be interpreted as "for each 1 point of fishanger add one raider"? I havent looked all that much in the files yet, just taken a peak and changed the supply drop timer thingy although I think that might have been fixed in F version already.

Anyway, I was wondering if you intended for the fishpeople to be that many or not.
    And wasn't the new biome cool?!? I feel like I'm lost in the amazonas and instead of a orderly "We shall create a beautiful city HERE! *points at ground*" I'm more or less "Omg...omg...omg....must..not...starve...must...not...die.... ooooh, longpork"

20. Samut

Samut Member

No, these aren't from any changes I was fooling around with.