Revision 30D is up...

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYBODY.

FIXED: a variety of AZDO issues
    FIXED: massive FPS drop when drawing rectangle for click/drag AND other errors
    FIXED: some more random save timing issues
    FIXED: various crashes deleting a UI widget and doing something
    FIXED: attack_object.fsm (Fishpeople destroying crops no longer makes scripterror)
    morale normalization added to fishpeople
    FIXED: Evil crops should not longer create scripterrors
    FIXED: Enthusiastically grown crops should no longer create scripterrors (added check for reaching max cropStage)
    re-added gibs to humans
    re-added affliction icon popup when receiving affliction
    FIXED: health now correctly reset after receiving affliction
    animals no longer display affliction icon
    added more Fun character memories
    Stone Ovens now have particles when working
    toned down colour of fishgun a bit
    removed "Stop Farming" command from farm (because it wasn't implemented yet)
    FIXED: missing rubbish (we know everyone missed the rubbish)
    Tutorials!
    made stone much more plentiful on the map
    (temp turned off molasses production; no icon etc.)
    added crop versions of clawbulb

2. Deadmeat5150

Deadmeat5150 Member

I read that as FIXED: Evil crops should not longer create script terrors and wondered why that obvious feature was removed.

3. Samut

Samut Member

SECRET 30D CRASH FILES (SHH DON'T TELL ANYBODY).

I didn't see any evil plants or script errors, although that may have been because my colonists were too busy being shot and stabbed to death by fish people to tend the crops. I can verify that soldiers will in fact keep building barricades and cheerfully ignore rampaging fish people. On the plus side, the graveyard bug is gone, and the burial animation works, which is good, because my guess is we'll be seeing it a lot.

Maybe have some kind of "Rally Town" button to push when there's an attack? Colonists could grab a weapon, go to a solider rally point, and treat fish people as if they had a Frontier Justice button on them.

Sorry there's no .dmp file - it exists but is empty.

Attached Files:

Andouce likes this.
  4. Wolg

Wolg Member

Hmm. Anybody else finding clay nodes don't create jobs when designated for mining?

Also, is rhyolite actually useful for anything in this build?

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

> Maybe have some kind of "Rally Town" button to push when there's an attack? Colonists could grab a weapon, go to a solider rally point, and treat fish people as if they had a Frontier Justice button on them.

Sean suggested that like two weeks ago! I've got a note sitting on my pile, not sure how to implement it yet though. Neat idea, in any case.

> Hmm. Anybody else finding clay nodes don't create jobs when designated for mining?

Erm. I'll look into it. By "jobs" you mean "no one ever digs clay at all" or do you mean "doesn't show up in the Jobs Window"?

> Also, is rhyolite actually useful for anything in this build?

Stone Ovens, pretty much. (But once stone is required to build low tier buildings, you'll be wanting it.)

Andouce likes this.
  6. Andouce

Andouce Member

I like the sound of all of that :) Should have that rally button maybe separate so you can decide whether you want the whole town to assist in the defence or just your military. Either way I think it does sound like a brilliant idea to implement if you can do it :)

7. Samut

Samut Member

IIRC, Age of Empires and Rise of Nations both have Rally buttons similar to what I mentioned, if you want to see examples in practice.

8. Andouce

Andouce Member

Yea I know what you mean. Used to play them like all the time :D Good reference actually. Would work similarly in CE in that sense.

9. Wolg

Wolg Member

No mining icon pops up on the node, no entry in the jobs window, no colonists move to the node.

I'll try again tomorrow after validating the install, but all of the clay nodes I encountered tonight were like this -- exactly the same as how sapling jobs aren't working.

10. Nicholas

They use "mine surface node with shovel" for some reason. Asking David.

11. dbaumgart

(You never did ask me about this, btw.)

Anyway: Clay digging worked locally the other day when I finished and tested it, it seems that something else was changed in the meantime. If this is to do with a different request that you, Nicholas, forwarded to me to just now do with changing how work crew assignments are created, then yes, I'm going to fix that to work with the updated use-case.
    In any case, I'm going to do it.

(And this is why you leave a note.)

12. dbaumgart

Looked into it and it's as suspected. Will probably remove left-click orders for this entirely, actually, because we want to move people to the click & drag system.

So: You should be able to click & drag an order-rectangle around the clay or sand and it will work (in the current version).

13. Andouce

Andouce Member

Majority of the time you find your self click dragging anyway. Only the odd 1 or 2 singular items like a berry bush or that which you actually left click. Would seem logical to do so.

Also the same thing happens with saplings too btw. You can click on one and it won't show any job or icons to indicate the order was issued but usually click dragging causes it to confirm the order to be done when selecting multiple ones using the "Clear saplings" command.. Just depends really. I would like to see those tree trunks being able to be removed :D

14. dbaumgart

Saplings and stumps are still on the same problem from before - commands (and tooltips) cannot be correctly assigned to objects that switch static prop models which, interestingly, are pretty much only trees right now. (Crops and berrybushes too, actually, but they don't require a player to click on them to do anything in particular so they work but don't update tooltips correct at all times due to the error).

In summary, we've got it in our tracker; happily it doesn't mess up the game (just makes a mess of stumps and saplings) so it's a lower priority than the other stuff that stops people from playing the game.

15. Andouce

Andouce Member

As it should be for now :) At least it is in the to do list. Thank you for sharing and clarifying that.

16. Nolan

Nolan Member

Most stable game yet on 30D.

Colony was a flourishing and prosperous beyond what was to be expected, with large surpluses of food sources at the ready and a regiment of strong, healthy soldiers to maintain morale! Granted the less socially inclined were a bit fussed when the proper homes were designed and produced for their social betters, but alas food was in abundance!

Now now.. there's been talking of 'the People' and I will not have it! Not in front of the Queen's image I daresay no! I expect to have dignitaries here and there shall be no more talk of, 'fish' people.. wives tales. I told Lord Witherbottom before I ventured upon this journey, "If you let those Irellians in, they'll drink the colony away!" And what has happened I ask? Look upon this glorious land and they tell me that the bloody fish are walking! Bloody preposterous! Best if I leave that out of the report to Her Majesties' Government what?

Viion likes this.
  17. Nicholas

Glad to hear we're getting somewhere on the stability front again!

18. Hasenfang

Hasenfang Member

How do we patch in these updates? I am on Steam right now and it does not seem to be revising 30B.

19. Andouce

Andouce Member

In order to get the latest "Test" build. You must opt into it via steam.

1.Right Click on your game via the steam library
    2.Click Properties and then the very far away tab entitled "Betas" click on it.
    3.Once you have clicked on it you will see a drop down menu.
    4.Select Experimental then close the box. It will then start downloading CE REV30D which is the current build.

(IMO the most stable of all builds so far :) )

20. Wolg

Wolg Member

* Placing a military rally point up against an impassible cliff - the point will be unselectable either directly or by dragging, thus can't be cleared.
    * Fishpeople with guns seem to stop shooting and ignore the world around them if their target goes to sleep. Obviously, they want the surface dwellers to see it coming...
    * (suggest dropping the word "make" from all in-progress production queue texts.)