REVISION 30 UP

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's up! Grab it from Steam. Changelog:

Construction/Buildings:

• FIXED: various bugs in the module renovation screen: ghost modules will now be moved correctly, modules will now be moved correctly from place to place, etc.
    • FIXED: Doors created in module placer will now correctly punch holes in the walls
    • FIXED: Players can no longer construct farms on top of farms, buildings on top of buildings, farms on top of buildings, etc.
    • FIXED: scroll bar now appears in module renovation screen
    • changed glow effect for under-construction modules
    • Required modules now actually required to designate construction of a building.
    • Done button on the construct building menu is now grayed out when it cannot be used (i.e., when no footprint has been placed or when required modules have not yet been placed.)
    Other UI/UX:

• Left-clicking on an alert now sends you to the source of the alert, if possible. Right-clicking the alert clears it.
    • Sparkles will shoot up whenever a resource node is discovered from the fog of war. (#historicallyaccurate)
    • updated commodity icons from commodity edb (+ added grenade launcher icon, finally)
    Farming:

• FIXED: crops destroyed by fishpeople will clear up their squares with parent farm now (were stuck flagged as occupied before)
    • Giant farming overhaul performed!
    • crops require tending at various stages of growth, or they’ll spoil
    • spoiled crops must be cleared before they can be replanted
    • added some new crop art assets
    • farms are smarter about their jobs (will keep harvest jobs in the farm zone assignment rather than giving them to everyone, etc)
    • “till soil” now has some sfx and pfx
    • adjusted colour of cabbage sprouts
    • up-sized pumpkin plants
    Fishpeople:

• added Fishpeople diversity (they now come in different colours)
    • Fishpeople attack event added (the event popup is just to alert the player, fishpeople are spawned regardless of whether they read the event); Lots of things make fishpeople angry, and if they’re angry enough they will attack you. The more anger, the more attackers.
    • when a Fishperson is shot, he or she will interrupt his or her current activity & make him or here angry and attack land-humans in a larger radius than before
    • Fishpeople will spawn along the shore nears their eggs, not anywhere on the map
    • harvesting caviar will cause more Fishpeople attack events
    Characters / Memories:

• Removed a few recursive emotions/memories (E.g. “I felt angry recently. THIS MAKES ME ANGRY”)
    • Poets will occasionally read their poetry to others. Decent poetry will make people feel tranquil. Decent poetry is relatively rare.
    • New “feeling angry” emote animation replacing the old one. The old one will eventually be put back in as a reaction to conversation.
    • FIXED: Drinking. Drinking booze will (generally) settle down strong emotions but cause tiredness. More effects to come.
    • FIXED: interrupted drinking will no longer semi-permanently attach whisky bottles to people’s backs (Drinks drop properly when drinker is interrupted, tools are stowed properly.)
    • FIXED: Characters should always, always have 3 traits now
    • People now correctly pick up, drop corpses for burial.
    • A huge number of jobs are now more or less desirable based on character traits. We’ll see how much insanity this causes.
    • Inspecting machinery job now plays an animation.
    • Various new memories added to characters
    Nature Harvesting:

• various nature harvestable cleanups performed:
    • > “Clear Sapling” and “Clear Stump” are uniquely named jobs now (for the click & drag orders)
    • > “Clear Object” job generally renamed to “Clear Terrain”
    • > jobs set via click & drag won’t perform viral propagation
    • random foragable dropped airship crates are scattered on map
    Stockpiles:

• Stockpile edge pieces now in place.
    • added a small ‘wander’ to end of stockpile return jobs so people wouldn’t stockpile themselves in neat rows
    Workshops:

• Workshop jobs no longer reorder themselves in the menu. Jobs at the top of the queue are prioritized, but if they cannot be done, the work crew will attempt to perform subsequent jobs until they find one that can be completed.
    • Workshop jobs no longer temporarily appear and disappear from the Jobs tab. They will now only appear when the job can actually be performed.
    • added a cheaper, less effective “Stone Oven” to the kitchen. It is built with stone blocks.
    • “standing desk” module is optional for all workshops

Exile, Xyvik and Sneaky like this.
  2. Sneaky

Sneaky Member

This made me laugh more than it should have.

Exile and Caytie3 like this.
  3. Ixath

Ixath Member

Lots of improvements. Can't wait to try it out!

Exile likes this.
  4. Ghin

Ghin Member

Hooray farming fixes!

Exile likes this.
  5. Stuthulhu

Stuthulhu Member

I fully expect to see a realm crafted so amok with spoiled, rotten cabbage, that the slowly congealing mass gains sentience and rage.

Exile and Xyvik like this.
  6. Akuma

Akuma Member

Woo! Download now

Exile likes this.
  7. Hasenfang

Hasenfang Member

So, just to be sure, at this point Revision 30 and Early Access on Steam are now one in the same? Or are there any other patches/new downloads that need to be done on Steam as well with our Earliest Access accounts?

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

They are one and the same, correct. Revision 31, with saves, in Publically Available and Perfectly Safe Testing later today/tonight and out early next week.

Exile likes this.
  9. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I know I'm not supposed to expect any support for my video cards but the shader errors don't seem to spam console.txt anymore on my Intel HD 4000 running tower computer as of Rev 30 and performance during the early stages of the game has improved markedly. So you seem to have fixed something.

Framerate has improved to the point that one thing that I can no longer notice is aurochs flickering between different rotations and not animating properly as they try to path somewhere. Although propably things shouldn't be allowed to actually rotate until after they've been moving in the same direction for a while, jittering and veering side to side seems better than twitching rapidly between different angles.

Exile likes this.
  10. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

That means that if I have a job I want done (build x) and x can´t be done, it will do y which is lower on the list as long as y can be completed and x can´t, right? But if y takes ressources that x would need (just fewer), then x would never be completable since any available ressources go to y (if y is on infite produciton). I think there should be a button to make x an absolute Priority so that they don´t do any jobs that would take rssources that x also needs. Otherwise oyu would have to manualy clear y and add it again after x is finished.

Exile likes this.
  11. Cogmachine

Cogmachine Member

oh man, how i want this game to run fast in my pc, however it is very slow, sorry for mentioning this the 3rd time...

Exile likes this.