Windows XP Resist bug after loading a save

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Pantz, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Pantz

Pantz Member

I am currently using the updated exe which fixes the teleport bug so not sure if this makes a difference or not. Also using realm of the diggle gods DLC as well.

Skills are swords, shield, berserker rage, artful dodging, assassination, armor mastery, and deadshot.

Anytime I reload my save, my character is missing resists and I need to unequip and re-equip all my gear to get all my resists back. Here is a before and after screenshot. If you need some more information let me know.

Before loading a save
    [​IMG]

After loading a save
    [​IMG]

Also getting the monster zoo bug where the counter doesn't go down. I ran away and used a teleporter if that helps any. I haven't had this happen on previous floors but I don't think I took teleporters to move away.

2. Pantz

Pantz Member

After playing some more I now notice two pieces of my gear have negative resists on them when they did not have them before and I have not tried upgrading them at an anvil either.

Is there something I am missing? Can monsters/traps/something break or lower stats on gear ignoring cursing an item with an anvil? If that isn't the case, then the only answer I can think of is if an anvil curses an item it also randomly cursed some of the gear I was wearing.

I am on level 10 right now if that matters at all.

3. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Artifacts can be corrupted by certain monsters. This adds a few negative stats. An artifact is any item that has random stats on top of its normal stats - you can typically identify them by their randomly generated name (e.g. 'blah the something blah').

To avoid corruption read the tooltip for monsters (it will typically mention corruption), use ranged weaponry or increase your magic resistance.

4. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

In addition to the monsters J-Factor mentioned, there are also traps that can put negatives on your items. I think they're called Corruption Fluid traps. They start showing up on the wood or ice level, so if you're on 10, you may have set a few of them off without noticing.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm experiencing the same thing, but just with my Pyromancer's Gloves. When I load the saved game, neither their resist nor their conflagratory damage shows up in my stats. I have to take the gloves off and put them back on in order for the resist and damage buff to show up in my stats. It's not just a display issue, either... if I hit a monster before taking the gloves off and putting them back on, the monster takes no fire damage according to the combat log.

P.S.: I'm on a Mac, so this isn't a windows-only bug.