Requirements for Mac?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Prof. Edward Steam, Dec 16, 2014.

1. So, Christmas is coming and after eight years I'm finally getting a new computer.
    Since it will still be a Mac, could anyone tell me the requirements for Clockwork Empires on Mac? I know that the build is still not finished, but I guess that by now it should be known what is needed to play the game.
    Or do I (and anyone else with a Mac out there) not need to worry so long as I have a machine not from more than X years ago?

2. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

My guess is that any of newer machines should do ok, maybe except for some of the smallest notebooks (air?). The game is a bit cpu hogging at the moment, but when optimisation comes in down the road I think you'd be fine. However best get official word :)

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hah! I'd... like to know the answer to this one too, to be frank.

I have a newer generation iMac on my desk - the one with the GT 750M in it, and that seems to work okay? I would consider that your baseline. I would definitely avoid the Intel HD 5000 chip. We get about 15 FPS with the Iris Pro 2 on Windows in house, which is... okay but not great.

The best video card part out of any of them is clearly the Radeon R9 that they put in the newest Retina Display iMac.

4. Thanks for the answers. :)
    I might wait a little longer just to be absolutely sure then, since I'd rather not wait eight more years before playing CE.

5. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'd recommend you hold off on the big purchase a bit while they sort things out. My iMac is about a year old, and it's really struggling with the game. It's got a GT 755M, but it's barely playable.

I find myself wishing I'd held off, as the older machine it replaced wasn't quite dead yet (in fact, I still sometimes use it for an older version of Photoshop that won't run on my newer iMac).

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014