Require Moderator Approval for First Post

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Samut, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Samut

Samut Member

There seems to be a lot of annoying spam messages from bots on the forums. If the very first post an account made had to be approved by a person, that could cut down the spam quite a bit.

Haldurson and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I agree Samut, message bot is quite the annoying!

Also, did you know scientists have recently discovered a weight-loss drug that was banned for being TOO EFFECTIVE? It's true! My cousin, who earns $850/week from home, dropped 20 lbs. in JUST TWO WEEKS!! I found this amazing website where you can buy iPads for 90% discount, get yours before it's TOO LATE!!!

Haldurson and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This would have been awesome if you made links of a few of the words in there to something entirely non-spamlike such as Weight Loss.

Bravo nonetheless. :D

Haldurson likes this.
  4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Surprisingly, what you see is only a tiny portion of the spam that gets through. Like I just deleted 20 spambots that got put into the moderator queue.

The problem is that requiring mod permission to post is really offputting when you register to a forum and have something to say, especially bug reports. I'd rather not do that. I'll ask if Derek knows if we have a new update to the spam filter though.

OmniaNigrum likes this.