Regarding a "Known Issues" list.

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Hi everyone, you probably noticed a while ago I said I was going to make a known issues list, or thread, etc due to popular demand. I haven't forgotten but I've been contemplating the best way to go about this.

What I've decided on (for the most part) now is a googledocs spreadsheet (sound familiar?) but very simplified. Name of the bug, description, other information if important. Tabs for categories.

The main reason is I do not want this to become a bugtracker in the sense of devs looking at it, people commenting, etc like the old one. Gaslamp already has its own bugtracker, so this is purely for the community service of being able to see bugs before they report them.

Here's where I could use some input. Should I

a: give public access and let people report as they want? I'm very skeptical of this.
    b: dump what I know, give editing access to a few trusted/known testers
    c: update it myself and just sticky it as viewable?

This is not a poll, but I would like some opinions on the best way to handle this. (and simplest/most efficient because it won't be of use to Gaslamp itself, this is of my own initiative for people's convenience.)
    (also thanks to J-Factor and HorseMeat for having convinced me to do this instead of a thread)

Anyways, just wanted to post a heads up that I haven't forgotten about the idea.

edit: clearly not enough parentheses

Marak and dbaumgart like this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I choose B. A is kind of a bad option, since "everyone" also includes people who shouldn't have access, and I don't think you need more DoD-related duties just for the sake of getting more duties so C goes out too.

4. Wootah

Wootah Member

Can google docs allow you to have All A, B, And C in it, maybe different tabs with different permissions?
    That way you can have a general section the public could include stuff (C) for the more eyes the better.
    You could have moderators(B) move stuff from general section and clear out stuff that is wrong or misinterpreted about how things should act.
    And then You can have your section (A) which can have additional commentary that only you could add/edit based on your position of being 'in the know'.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

As far as I know, it's not possible to have different permissions on the same document. I could be wrong, but I checked and didn't see that option.

edit: and I don't want it to be a place that people report *new* bugs and such. Forums are still good for this because it's easier to keep track of new stuff.