Windows Vista/7 64-bit Receipt of Artifact after killing Boss/Miniboss with Rune of 'Splodey

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Crunchy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Crunchy

Crunchy Member

I get freezes that get my game sooner or later (the longer i live, crash expectancy raises to meet me) and the only theme i can find is that when i kill a Boss or Miniboss and it gives me an Artifact.
    There are other crashes, but this is the killer for me.
    HEEEEELPP!!!
    I need to play some DoD and this is game breaking for me, it often corrupts my save, as well.
    It's been about since day one, but since CotW it's been unbearable.

I think it might have also gotten worse since i got a Z77 chipset and proc, but that might just be early adopter nerves.

If you can help, tyvm.

2. Indiggles

Indiggles Member

My game also frequently crashes from Rune of Explodey, typically when the animation is playing and something outside the flow of the regular gameplay occurs (level up, receive artifact, sometimes even just when it kills a mob and I've input movement commands). I thought I read somewhere it had to do with the animation, but I could be wrong. I also think I read that it was fixed, but the problem persists for me, too, at least.

My only advice is try playing without Promethean Magic; I know it's a very nice skill tree and a lot of people use it and don't crash, but in my experience it is almost certainly what is causing your game to crash.

There are only two other skills that frequently crash my game as well, and those are the polymorph spells from Wizard Law and Paranormal Investigator. Do you have any occasional issues with those as well?

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Try the 1.1.3 beta patch and tell us if it still happens. We've been trying to track this down for a long time.