Rebalancing and Opinions of my Mod "Crafting Guru"

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Byron, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Byron

Byron Member

I keep running into this type of error
    mod\spellDB.xml

6 error(s) found.

Line 8, Position: 57 -- The file, 'skills\smith_ingot32', was not found.
    Line 20, Position: 40 -- The file, 'skills\wizard\spell_white0_32', was not found.
    Line 27, Position: 40 -- The file, 'skills\wizard\spell_white0_32', was not found.
    Line 34, Position: 40 -- The file, 'skills\wizard\spell_white0_32', was not found.
    Line 41, Position: 40 -- The file, 'skills\wizard\spell_white0_32', was not found.
    Line 48, Position: 55 -- The file, 'skills\wizard\spell_white8_32', was not found.

how do i fix this? I included all the pictures of the skills in my mod, is there a way to direct it properly or to the place it needs to find those pictures?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Put them in your mod zip file, in the arrangement shown above (I.E. MOD/skills/wizard/so-on.)

OmniaNigrum and Byron like this.
  3. Byron

Byron Member

Thanks for the help, although i tried what you told me it seems something i did is wrong and i cannot find it out, mind helping me? here is my latest work.

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

"Items" should be "items". It is case sensitive.

*Edit* I should note that this does not fix it. I have no clue why it will not show in the mod loader.

5. What do you think about this.

Limit the amount of skill gained for all relevant crafting skills to 2.

Add in a new ability.

Eureka! - 10% chance on taking a hit to give +1 to all crafting skills for 10 turns. Stacks up to 3 times.
    After getting knocked on the head a few times with a few concussions, those stars start to make sense. Quick! Before the stars go away, you gotta try making something.

Later on upgrade the chance to 20%.

This would provide a unique and interesting mechanic to the skill set.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Byron

Byron Member

That sounds pretty cool, but i don't have the time anymore i'm just to busy with school at the moment so if anyone wants to continue my mod they can cause i think i'm going to abandon it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.