Realm of the Diggle Gods - Alternate Splash Screen

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jvarnes, Dec 17, 2011.

1. jvarnes

jvarnes Member

I really, really love the new expansion pack!

Unfortunately I really, really don't love it's splash screen :(

No offense too Gaslamp. I generally enjoy all of the art produced for the game, but for some reason this one piece just didn't do it for me.

So anyway here is an alternate replacement. Alas it does not feature the new heroine. If you would like to use it you will need to backup / rename the file rotdg_splash.png and then replace it with this one. The correct file location should be here (on PCs at least):

Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/dungeons of dredmor/expansion/ui/rotdg_splash.png

Note: I couldn't get this to work as a mod yet so for now it's a file replacement.

rotdg_splash.png

2. Godwin

Godwin Member

Isn't the menu on his face? If so, always possible to flip the image in Paint.

3. jvarnes

jvarnes Member

On my setup it doesn't (I actually like where it pops up because it looks like the hero is holding the menu or peering around it, etc) but that is probably just because of my resolution settings. So yep your suggestion is a good one. Here is an alternate version flipped horizontal. Thanks!

rotdg_splash.png

4. Kyphis

Kyphis Member

That last one isn't the full image though... I just completed the game with her, and that image is the same size as the prior one.

5. jvarnes

jvarnes Member

Edit - here is the heroine version (at corrected size thanks to Kyphis pointing out that the previous one I uploaded was too small)

Edit 2 - ack too big to attach! Here's a link

Thumbnail below:
    rotdg_splash.png

6. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Thanks for the alt screen + tut on how to "install" it.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. losyashik

losyashik Member

no vac ban for it?

8. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

I lol'd. No, bro. You're good.

First, Dungeons of Dredmor isn't VAC protected. Second, VAC only looks for modified .dll's and .exe's. Not .png's.

9. losyashik

losyashik Member

just sayin'
    hell knows what VAC looks for.
    many other games looks for all modified files no matter what.
    anyway thx for reply

10. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

VAC isn't some sort of super police state 1984 Big Brother spy thing. :)
    Also, what games do that? I can think of all the ones I have, and I know none of them have something like that.
    I have Fallout New Vegas, which has mods installed...although I don't play it much.
    I have Borderlands, which has ini tweaks you can change to fix some problems if your computer has issues.
    So, that's two I know that don't do that.

I have Torchlight, which has mods, and Achievements for using Mods. So, there's 3.
    And I'm sure I could find indication that all my other games are the same too.

11. Euthymios

Euthymios Member

Very cool!

I honestly hate the current 'official' splash screen. The heroine looks downright repulsive.

Thank you very much for this alternative.

ChristmasAsen likes this.
  12. Xainiax

Xainiax Member

The VAC question was warranted because Valve games used to VAC ban texture packs, but on the subject of this alternate screen, I hate the female hero in general due to the hair so this is very nice to me.

13. Dr. Weird

Dr. Weird Member

The file for the heroine wallpaper is missing. I wish there was an option to just pick your startup screen, or which screens one will be randomly chosen from at startup...maybe even unlock new screens by completing achievements. Now that would be awesome.

ConnivingTentacles likes this.
  14. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

I love this idea! I second the motion!