Windows Vista/7 64-bit Randomness Issue

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Godwin, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Godwin

Godwin Member

I don't know if this is really a bug, all i know is that in the 80+ hours I played DoD, only lately i have seen things like this:

* Random rooms are placed often close to each other. Chances are when you get a room with the 4 levers you'll get another next to it. Same with the 6 braziers room. Same with the statue of inconsequentia rooms (just this playthrough I had 3 consecutive doors I opened all lead me to an Inconsequentia statue).

* Random items get spawned close to each other: saw 3 flip floppies next to each other, and other such things. Pilsners, etc. It's a little much to attribute to random chance, plus others (Daynab) noticed it too.

* Random statues the same (or are those items and not a seperate class like furniture?) Anyway, case in point:
    [​IMG]

And about other randomness issues:
    - Maybe make certain non-spawnable areas, for example the exit spot of a level teleport. I've been on top of traps (not setting it off), items, teleports and diggles. So maybe a monster block there too?

- Would be nice if there could be found a way to not let a monolith spawn on a teleport sigil for example.

Thanks for the great game... again!

2. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

I would like to chime in as well. I'm loving the DLC and the game as a whole.

I have noticed the brazier rooms spawning close together, and lately I've only found 1 store per floor. Is this intentional? I feel like I go a long time without seeing Brax, and hiking back up to the last floor takes a long time.

I don't like to sell everything I find, but occasionally my inventory needs emptying of valuable items that are worth too much to just drop.

3. blob

blob Member

I dont know if its intentional but as far as I remember rooms like shops have always been close to each other even in 1.05 which I've always found very frustrating when in need to go sell stuff from the other side of the map. Guess this actually applies to everything.

It seems to be new for the issue about similar item spawning together, but yeah. I got 4 belts in the same room, and 3 gloves in another in a couple hours of gameplay.

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Worst I've had so far was a single three-in-a-row of rough hjalmirs, but that was pretty wierd. :)

5. blob

blob Member

Just had a floor with 6 of them...

6. tcjsavannah

tcjsavannah Member

I've only seen the one Brax per floor when I've played "No Time To Grind." Normal grinding I'm finding 2-4 shops per level.