Random Crashes, Worse as I Delve Deeper

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EvilDrReef, Oct 5, 2014.

1. EvilDrReef

EvilDrReef Member

I've been playing through a round including all three DLC packs. My character is a male and has the skills Staffs, Thrown Weaponry, Shield Bearer, Pyromancy, Werediggle Curse, Demonologist, and Bankster. I've maxed out the skill trees for Shield Bearer, Werediggle Curse, and Demonologist. I'm not running any mods at all and never have.

During my game, it has crashed intermittently as I've explored. However, once I got to level 7 it began to crash once every 15 minutes or so. Now that I'm on level 8 it's crashing about once every five minutes. It's happening often enough that the autosaves aren't keeping up. As far as I can tell, nothing I'm doing is triggering it. It'll crash when I hit an enemy, when I open a door or chest, or just by walking around. As far as I can tell, I have to be doing something, however. It doesn't seem to crash when I'm just standing still.

I feel like that's all the more specific I can be. Gameplay-wise I've not been casting many spells. I've mostly been turning into a Werediggle to fight, but it crashes whether I'm a werediggle or not. It also crashes whether I'm casting spells or not. It's almost like it's on a timer, but I don't -think- it's the autosave feature because it's autosaved a few times here and there. I suffer a huge performance drop when it does, so that's how I can tell it's happening.

I'm on Windows 7 Pro, and I've never really had this problem in Dredmor before. In fact, It's not the most stable game, but it's never been unplayable like this before. I'm not sure if anyone can even help me since I can't pinpoint a specific cause, but I'd really like to be able to at least finish this run.

2. thinkpol

thinkpol Member

I'm having a very similar experience, but on OSX 10.9.5. I'm running the 3 DLC packs, no additional mods. The character is female, with the skills Astrology, Ley Walker, Golemancy, Warlockery, Artful Dodger, Blood Magic.

I got a few random crashes on levels 9 and 10, and then got to 11 and I can't seem to go more than a few steps without a crash. At first I thought it had to do with running too many DoTs at a time, but I think I pretty much ruled that out. With some lucky teleporting I made my way to an up stairs and found that when I moved from level 11 to level 10 my crashes effectively stopped.

Anyone else have a similar experience?