Random character name generator

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SyrupBuccaneer, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Just a tiny little button that assigns you a random name. Can be anything.

Previously suggested here and here.

2. Warlock

Warlock Member

Seconded this.
    Unfortunately, I tend to have a fetish for irreverent and often immature names such as Moron, Dummy, Idiot, Buffoon, and the like anyway, so YMMV.

3. Frandarre

Frandarre Member

I like this

4. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Oh my god yes, character names that use the same phoneme generator as artifacts!

FaxCelestis likes this.
  5. Kablooie

Kablooie Member

Oh yaaaaaah!

6. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Yes please. This would allow my high score board to look like something than a few dozen "Nikolai the Adventurer"s.

I don't think it oughta be the same as artifact generation though. It should be unique.

Killer2 likes this.
  7. I need this button too. Please consider adding it.

8. MindDefect

MindDefect Member

Just bought this game and loving it! But this is one feature I was surprised it didn't have. When I tried rogue-like games that give out or allow random names, for some reason that was one main trait/feature that got me more interested in the genre of rouge-likes. Would make "losing is fun" even easier, as if you die early and your thinking "geez... already have to think of another name again!"

Some of us don't possess the skill points in our brains to think up too many... :(

9. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Apparently, it wasn't posted in this thread. But someone posted some effective advice that ended up helping me out a bunch.

1) Extend and curl fingers in a claw-like fashion over the keyboard.
    2) Smash down on it with your fingers.
    3) Go back, add some vowels, and bam. Instant name.

Killer2, TheJadedMieu and Turbo164 like this.
  10. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

I've seen two other people recommend the same thing; one a webcomic artist, the other my former IRL roommate.

11. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

It's clearly common knowledge. Apparently.