Questing Beast

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Godwin, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Godwin

Godwin Member

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Legend of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, but I grew up with it and it has always been dear to my heart.

So, randomly jousting funnies in IRC, we suddenly haphazarded upon the topic of Pellinore, and his Questing Beast.

Basically: Pellinore's family is forever on a Great Hunt after this legendary beast (head of a snake, body of a leopard, feet of a deer, that kind of thing).

Now I was thinking it would be cool if sometimes at the edge of your vision would appear a strange 'Questing Beast', that you never can catch since it's always on the run (unless you break down the entire lowest level dungeon with a digging ray and put fresh steaks in the middle of the dungeon in a certain pattern or something similarly outrageously out of the box).

Essence likes this.
  2. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

I love the questing beast, especially the parts in T.H. White's "The Once and Future King" where Pellinore just charges off into the forest randomly after this thing that may or may not exist.