Quag'goroth

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by alpha43omega, Nov 5, 2016.

1. alpha43omega

alpha43omega Member

I'm planning on sculpting an approximately 6" model of Quag'goroth as a quick craft project, unfortunately the only picture I can fnd of him (it?) is concept art from the early game. Does anyone have a screenshot of what he looks like in game that I can use as a reference? I attempted to screenshot it after he was summoned but all I'm getting is a black screen.

I would appreciate any assistance, thank you.

Samut and Exile like this.
  2. Exile

Exile Member

I snooped a bit with a google: "Quag'goroth picture".
    There are some that get close but the name is spelled differently. and belongs to another game.
    Mayhap A Gas lamp artists would create picture.
    OK :I got offlucky. :try googling Lovecraft illustrations..Lots of interesting.

Also Not! spam, just trying to help!! This is from the set of google pictures

[​IMG]

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Lovecraft+illustrations&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjqp73ztpTQAhXIx1QKHeZlCUkQsAQIHw&biw=1724&bih=945#imgrc=rFAFb12aFRzguM:

Gut Gluck!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Pakuska likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

... what a great book.

Exile likes this.
  4. Pakuska

Pakuska Member

If you're playing the game on steam, press F12 to take a screenshot, if you arent playing the game on steam, What is wrong with you? :D

Exile likes this.
  5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Has non-steam distribution actually been done yet?

Exile and Pakuska like this.
  6. Pakuska

Pakuska Member

Thats a really good question. I have no idea. I always just assume every game has a steam and a non steam version.

Exile likes this.
  7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Hey, here's some concept art for Quag'garoth. I asked Chris to post a good model shot too.

quag_concept2.jpg quag_concept1.jpg

8. I'm probably quite late for being if any help, but one of the videos on the steam page has an appearence of Big Q. It was one of the things that convinced my into buying the game :D (and yet I haven't seen him once )

Exile likes this.
  9. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

If you have a cult that worships it, you could choose to ignore them and hope they succeed in summoning it.

Also I'm annoyed that I can't tell what writing system is used in that photo used in the concept art.

Exile likes this.
  10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Cuneiform, innit?

Exile likes this.
  11. Yes, and the note says: "like egyptians hieroglyphs" :D

Exile likes this.
  12. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

That would be my first bet, but if it is cuneiform it's particularly stylized for fast writing.

Exile likes this.
  13. Sathra

Sathra Member

Isn't cuneiform the written language of Babylon et al?
    Though the writing on the concept art of Quag'goroth looks more like katakana or modern hebrew script at first.

Of which the second is related somewhat to cuneiform anyways *shrug*.

Exile likes this.
  14. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

It's hard to tell with such a small picture, but I'm going to go with Archaic Cuneiform for now.

Exile and dbaumgart like this.
  15. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Member

The cultists who didn't stylize for fast writing got eaten.

Cthulhu_Awaits and Exile like this.
  16. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Ah well, at this point, I think I had it backwards originally. If it really is archaic cuneiform, it retained some curves and bends, rather than simply using straight lines. The writing of the was done by driving a stylus into wet clay, and then baking it. This makes complex shapes hard, but short straight lines are easy. So even though I didn't recognize it at first due to the comparable lack of the number of strokes compared to later cuneiform most likely this kind of stuff took longer to write.

Exile likes this.