Promotional Tie-In with SJ Games' "Munchkin" Card Game

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bohandas, May 16, 2013.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

You should guys should talk to the guys at Steve Jackson Games and see if you could negotiate the creation of a Dungeond of Dredmor themed expansion deck for their popular fantasy RPG themed card game Munchkin. Munchkin is a very popular game and if you could get them to do a Dredmor themed expansion pack it could really raise awareness of your product.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Disclaimer: This post is not a statement on Gaslamp Games' part. I am not involved in the business aspect of the company whatsoever and this is only my personal feelings.

I find the idea incredibly hilarious, and as a Munchkin fan would love to see a Dredmor munchkin set. (The art would be so perfect!) That said, I sincerely doubt that they would care, as Dredmor is hardly what I would describe as a popular licensed property. I have a feeling such a thing would be a novelty for hardcore fans, at best.

Kazeto likes this.
  3. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Neither is Unspeakable Vault of Doom but they did a tie in with them

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Considering that the whole game is pretty much pun-based, for as long as they were able to get some hilarity from DoD onto the cards, and they would be able to, I think it's possible for them to agree with them.

Oh boy, I would so love to be able to sic Brax on my friends (backstabbing targets, I mean) when playing Munchkin.