Project Eternity

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by omeg, Oct 9, 2012.

1. omeg

omeg Member

I'm really, really surprised that there isn't a thread about this yet.

So, what's the deal?

More details here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity. Make sure to read the updates, the developers explain a lot of the design ideas there.

[​IMG]

Seriously, if you liked old-school CRPGs, give these men some money. The project got funded in just a day, but the more they gather the better it will be. The campaign ends in a week.

And if you were living under a rock and don't know what Obsidian is or who these people are, you should feel bad. Then play Planescape: Torment. Then read this actual design document: http://www.rpgwatch.com/files/Files/00-0208/Torment_Vision_Statement_1997.pdf

Lastly, some character concepts:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Godwin

Godwin Member

Oh lol... you started your thread the same way... lol.. ah well, yeah, I already pledged to this one too :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

No Sleep For The Watcher...

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Eagerly anticipating this. It's been a while we haven't had a classic rpg, and having one with a modern engine and UI would make all the difference in the world!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I hope it is cheap when I can spare the cash. But I cannot afford $25 this month. So I guess I will be unable to get a copy while it is cheap. :( Sad Panda is Sad.

6. DragonOfTime

DragonOfTime Member

I finally pulled myself together and put in those $50. Now we play the waiting game...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. omeg

omeg Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Daynab

Damn, that looks fine!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I've been waiting a long time for a new game like this. As soon as I get some spare cash I'm in.

10. omeg

omeg Member

You have 3 days left!

11. omeg

omeg Member

A little over 24 hours left! They are going to reach 3.5 million with Paypal. :eek:

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Holy crap.

SkyMuffin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. jadkni

jadkni Member

Backer from the first time I saw this and proud of it. I can't wait.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. DragonOfTime

DragonOfTime Member

And then another half a million in the final 24 hours. What the diggle?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

They managed $3,986,929. I hope they just do the 4M stretch goal that they would have reached in another few hours. They know they will get that much in additional sales long before they get the game done. And being that close I would take it as a slap in the face if they do not just say "Close Enough" and do it anyway.

15. Daynab

They said Paypal counted (and they got over 4m with it) my last email from them (kinda long):

Cool of them to have a non DRM option, though I'd probably use my Steam key on it anyway.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

As much as I loathe the existence of Facebook (because it sends me spam and because my family can't get the message that I don't want to create an account to "friend" them), I hope we'll get the 15th floor of the dungeon from its "likes".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. jadkni

jadkni Member

Even if we don't, I'd call this a tremendous success. :)
    Now I just hope this turns out well. I've got a rocky relationship with Obsidian so far but the mild risk involved was well worth seeing another game like FO or Arcanum.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Perhaps in the not so distant future I will scrape together the money to buy it myself. I really wanted to, but I only learned of it several days after I was paid for the month. And by then all my discretionary money was spent on other things. (Same old story every month. :()

19. Daynab

It's only coming out in 2014, don't worry about it.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. omeg

omeg Member

An astounding success! There's hoping they will make something really good without the whole publisher pressure.

OmniaNigrum likes this.